The Amateur Radio Improvement Society

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KM5FL, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Firefighter response time [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] ....several things could be improved upon; ( nah, we wont go there, water is too dark & deep ).....we uns all know really well that ALL AMATEUR radio operators are absolutely , definately, beyond a reasonable doubt PERFECT in every way !! [​IMG] Our code sending is perfect, our copy is perfect, our 2 meter " on the air " conduct is perfect, ....we are all just soooo " perfect " in every way imaginable !!! [​IMG] The best part is that we KNOW that we are perfect , and we do not mind letting YOU who arent amateur radio operators KNOW that we ( as AMATEUR radio operators ) ARE perfect, beyond a reasonable doubt. [​IMG] Case in point: when was the last time that 11 meter operators ( citizen band operators ) were called upon to assist in any small or large way to any type of emergency ? ( other than to tell a trucker to move his *&^% rig out of the way. ) Even on a local level, when was the last time C B ops were called upon to assist in a disaster drill, or a real disaster ? * I AM SURE SOME ONE WILL PROVIDE SOMETHING ON THIS, POSIBLY FROM THE MID - 1970 s ( a good 30 years ago )when cb useage was at a all-time high , with various clubs that now do not even exist any more ! * ....so, having said all that I shall go back to my HF radio, and communicate with some more of these " perfect amateur radio operators ".

3. K6PME

K6PME Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously the relationship with the ARRL and it's members at large.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.