ad: NADXA-1

The AM Rally Returns! February 1-4 2019

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation - AM Fans' started by N1BCG, Dec 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice setup!

2. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

I did notice quite a few tuner uppers on frequency and on adjacent frequencies on the panadapter.

All in all I think it was a good event. I haven't been on the radio much in the last several months so I really enjoyed it.

3. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

Haha! I was on 160m at 1.945 calling CQ and this strong signal appeared. He was about 6 miles from me. No one else came on or broke in so we talked for about 30 minutes and it turns out this was one of the few times he had worked the AM mode.

I also worked a guy on 40m at 7.220 whose rig was only capable of 25W AM. Found out he was out in western Colorado in an apartment. You never know who you will meet or from where unless you call CQ and get out of the unofficial "Window."

Pheel

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    KA0HCP likes this.
  4. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I only managed a fraction of my score from last year, a little less than 30 contacts. Started feeling ill Thursday evening, missed Friday work, running fever that evening a good portion of the weekend. Jim Beam/Coke helped me jump start the prime modulating mechanism. All in my house are sick with this grunge.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  5. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked only about a dozen stations in all. 160m on Fri and Sat, but I did work a couple on 75m Sunday evening. Spent most of Saturday evening chasing down RFI from one of those damned yard lights about 1/4 mile away cycling on and off non-stop from dusk to dawn.

6. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I managed a grand total of three contacts, and one was cut short but my kicking the basement circuit breaker powering the shack. But I think we got everything exchanged to complete it. I submitted my three contact log though. Hey, it's participation! (And I actually spent several HOURS at it, just without much luck. Certainly not all weekend though.

7. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Submitting logs is great if you're competitive or just want to see how you compared to others within your station transmitter category and power class. For us, it helps showcase the vibrant enthusiasm for operating AM.

For those who didn't keep a log but would like to be counted, visit www.amrally.com and enter some basic info (mostly checkboxes) or simply send an email to logs@amrally.com with your callsign and transmitter info.