The AM Rally Returns - Feb 2-4 2018

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation - AM Fans' started by N1BCG, Oct 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup! The nifty little AM Rally logging app does all the right things, no fuss. Well done, OMs.

2. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

The dyy rig crapped out.
    They must have made thousands of contacts on it before it died though...
  3. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

It did, so Bob quickly cobbled together a backup rig and amp but that wasn't cutting it so we all agreed this was probably a good time for him to be proud of his accomplishments (341 contacts, single handed) and head home to family and dinner.

After some well-deserved accolades, Bob finally signed and we picked up with some of the masses who had collected on the frequency. We passed them around, handed out AM Rally contacts like Pez, and reminded all that there were still a few more hours left in the event.

Then someone keyed up and said "W1AW is back on the air 10kc down..."

Incredible. He just couldn't go home, got the 'DYY rig working, and is making more contacts. Truly an AM contact MACHINE!
  4. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

0140Z Update: So now the XYL team of Kerri (KC2UFU) & Stephanie (WX3K) are wrangling eager contacts on 3885 and Bob on W1AW has resurrected his pileup on 3875.

75M is going to need serious maintenance after tonight! Talk about breaking the band!
  5. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

It rained and the swr went up and tripped the dyy rig, (no tuna) so hemoved 10 Kc down where the swr was ok.

40 meters was very nice, and I just worked George W8VG in Tuscon Az!
    Well behaved operators:
  6. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked Bob on 3875.
  7. WA1QIX

WA1QIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Upload the log to the database (select the upload menu). No email needed. Thanks !
  8. WB1GCM

WB1GCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Rough count for W1AW: 386 contacts. The K7DYY transmitter is intact, to party another day.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  9. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob, you're funny. I've never heard anyone say "GOODY GOODY!" upon working me on a new band. :)

10. WA1QIX

WA1QIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! That is really something. Looking forward to seeing that log.

I made more contacts than last year, but not THAT many more. Bob was truly Marathon Man during the rally ;)