The AM Rally Returns - Feb 2-4 2018

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation - AM Fans' started by N1BCG, Oct 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Lots of activity down here.
  2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

At the SS Red Oak Victory, as K6YVM, didn't hear anything on 3870 except a Spanish broadcast station. Went to 7293 called CQ, skunked until 1430, then 3 nice QSOs and good signal reports. I'll operate again tomorrow.

Send a msg if you want to try a sched.

I have pics but can't figure out how to upload from my phone. Maybe later.
  3. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

Calling CQ on 3.721 again.

Let's "spread-em-out," shall we?
    N1BCG likes this.
  4. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard some ops with just that spirit! Full-carrier QSOs logged on 3830, 3845, 3900, and the usual hang outs.

And, incredibly, W1AW holding court for 7+ hours on 3885.
  5. WB1GCM

WB1GCM Ham Member QRZ Page

On for 14 hours, then the band went quiet. 240 contacts so far. Will be back again Sunday
    W1AW; WB1GCM OP.
  6. N1BCG

You sir, deserve a commendation. Single-handedly managing a pileup for that length of time?

The word that comes to mind is "indefatigable". Net controllers should be in awe.
  7. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had forgotten about this until I saw this post bumped tonight. I'll try to get on tomorrow. My classic I have and the one I'm mulling buying are neither ready to go but my modern plastic radio (Yaesu FT-990) does AM, such as it is.
  8. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Helped W4REQ move on Saturday---12 hours straight. Hit the knee curve at 10 PM EST that evening and went to horizontally-polarized. BUT, just worked W1AW on 7290 just now.
  9. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

It was good to speak with you last night Bob and the Super Senior sounded very good.

Thank you for "hanging" in there and helping to promote the AM mode.

Phil - AC0OB
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  10. N1BCG