The AM Rally is over, but we NEED YOUR LOGS :-) PLEASE !

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by WA1QIX, Feb 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA1QIX

WA1QIX Ham Member QRZ Page

The AM Rally by all empirical evidence (IE lots of activity, bands busy with AM, etc) was a rousing success - but - we really need you to send in your log so we can quantify all of this activity.

That is the only way we _really_ know.

Why is this information so important? Over the years, many people have stated that AM is a dying mode; no one operates AM anymore; AM is obsolete so let's create a rule to make AM illegal (or impractical), etc. etc. etc.

The data we receive proves with hard numbers that AM is indeed vital and alive and a main stream amateur mode ! But, we can't show much of anything without the numbers :)

Even if you only made a few contact, please send it in by any means. If you used the AM Rally software, upload to the server. If you used some other logging software, save the log in some format such as csv, text or whatever and email it to logs@amrally.com

If you kept paper, take a picture or pictures and email it to the above address, or make a copy and mail it to:

Radio Engineering Associates
    Attn: AM Rally Logging
    79 Tyler Rd
    Townsend, MA 01469

Thank you !

From the AM Rally "Crew":

N1BCG, Clark
    KB3WFV, Brian
    WA1QIX, Steve

2. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sent my log in Steve (as W2A), and very much enjoyed the almost forgotten mode. In the log delivery email I suggest doing another in the fall to take advantage of different propagational patterns so more folks will push, turn, click over to AM. Although, I did find it nice to get 59+ reports from California, Washington and Arizona considering I am literally _on_ the East Coast in Brooklyn NY.
    Thanks to you all for being the hub for this event, it really was a lot of fun. That's why I wish for more....

James
    KB2FMH

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

RATS! In the irony of ironies, I missed the rally because I was busy helping three guys build the Pine Board AM Radio Project! But we'll be ready next time. Had a GREAT Skype session with Bob Heil from my shop. Stay tuned!

4. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

By the way, you can still be counted even if you *didn't* keep a log.

Visit http://www.amrally.com and fill in the simple form at the top of the site. This will help show the number and type of participating stations.