That is depressing!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9YFI, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

I really feel for you Troy. While I do not blame you for not following the CC&R's rules you do know where you went wrong. You should have let your money do the talking for you when you first looked at the property. I, for one, would have thrown the CC&R into the garbage as well as the real estate listing as soon as I read it and looked elsewhere.

As you have found out, you really don't want to live in a neighborhood like that. The type of people such restrictions attract do not make good neighbors. They would make better gaurds at Auschwitz -just following the rules. There was an X-files episode that explores this very phenomenon. I suppose using even an HT would be against the CC&R while an FRS unit would not. This is what comes from rule-worship.

Move out into the country if you can afford it. Buy an old farmette and fix up the house if you can't afford to build new. You will be happier and live longer. We just bought 23 acres 20 miles out of town. No antenna restricitons! The author of the short deed restrictions has not one but TWO massive towers just 200 yards to the East of me. I can't wait until we build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.