Thanks USPS

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K1SZO, Jan 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD2L

KD2L Ham Member QRZ Page

A friend is awaiting prescription medicine via mail. Inquired of local post office why it had not arrived. They had the shipping label but nothing attached to it at the destination post office.

2. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The best way to use USPS is drive right by the PO and ship UPS. USPS has lost a bunch of Amazon work, and yet they still can't keep up.

Sure, even UPS and FedEx occasionally have errors. But nothing like the PO who is hiding behind covid.

W9FL likes this.
  3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

You think you had a bad day?
    One of our neighbors apparently qualified to receive a $1200 government check for Covid relief clearly addressed to them which was found in another neighbor’s mail. Some mistakes and delays might be typical but this one from a quasi-government agency seems ironic.
    They tried complaining to the Postmaster about the negligence but no one called them back.

4. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No problems here. Medication came on time, as did everything else.

I guess the sorting machines that were removed happened in other areas.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Carrier made a mistake. What is the Postmaster going to say? "Sorry, the carrier made a mistake".

N0TZU likes this.
  6. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Granted all they will get, if he/she ever calls them, is something patronizing like that. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to take extra care of mail which obviously is money.

We all make mistakes and some like a folded magazine are trivial but a $1200 treasury check??

7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Once in a while here letters are mis-delivered by one house. I suspect that they get stuck to the next batch while bouncing around in the carrier’s Jeep. No big deal, just walk down the road and pop it into the correct box.

W5BIB, K4TTJ, KP4SX and 1 other person like this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You speak as if the carrier makes a determination how careful to be based on what he thinks was in the envelope.

N0TZU and K3XR like this.
  9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Kinda reminds me of the idiotic "Baby on Board" signs in vehicle rear windows. "You know I was going to ram you in the rear until I noticed your Baby on Board sign in the window."

K9DWB and 4O6LEE like this.
  10. 4O6LEE

4O6LEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Package I ordered from eBay from SC to Europe, USPS as a carrier, got last tracking update 2 months ago from Chicago ETOE, no sound of it after that. Doubt I will ever receive it...

K9DWB likes this.