Thank you

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC0OGG, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC0OGG

KC0OGG Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to use this space to send out thanks on behalf of my wife and myself. Getting into ham radio is relatively easy. Getting into ham radio and knowing what you are doing is not always so. CTCSS DTMF encode decode DTCS crossband repeater PL tones and the list goes on and on. But there are those people out there that are willing to help a new ham out and deserve mention and thanks. Patrick ( kb0qvt ) has answered so many questions for me and has become a good phone friend. I have hopes that we shall meet in the very near future. Bill Young ( kb0vzq ) is another that took the time to email me some answers about APRS. When I had questions about ARES and Skywarn, Dennis Carpenter ( ka0sxy ) was full of information as well was Mike Bellinger whose callsign I do not know.
    Once my wife and I became official hams there were many out there that welcomed us with open arms. Among those that really made a good impression and are the friendly types that ham should have are : Herman ( kb0vfy ), Laird, my first contact ( kb0rdl ), Mike ( kc0kvo ), Jack ( n0sax ). [​IMG] These are the type of people we need in our community of hams. I hope over the coming years I make a great many friends that have the same qualities as those who first welcomed my wife and I into this great hobby.

Rick kc0ogg
    Crystal kc0ogf

2. VA7KBH

VA7KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome!

I've only been licensed since June and I too have noticed the many people that help out.

Rick, VE7RDP, Claude, VE7LC, Earl, VE7QJ, Scott, VA7SL, and many more helped me, as well as all of you out there on QRZ that have answered my questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.