Thank you 'zed

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4IOA, Jul 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And all I do here on this forum is to add a little humor and some common sense. Other than that; I am still perplexed as to why some
    posters on this forum overreact emotionally to a hobby that neither pays their bills nor puts food on the table
    .:)

WZ7U, W4IOA, F8WBD and 2 others like this.
  2. W2AI

I see this forum, "Ham radio discussions" as a form of entertainment. A good study of human psychology at play behind a PC, keyboard and monitor.

K9ASE, W4IOA and (deleted member) like this.
  3. W2AI

Rumor had it that the infamous Prohibition gangster and bootlegger Legs Diamond ran a distillery where "Chicken Island" in Yonkers stands today.
    [​IMG]

4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

maybe they'll sell that at one of our Canadian food chains
    upload_2020-7-2_7-37-23.jpeg

no social media here - just QRZ, only streaming tv and good ole dependable ham radio
    the way things are going with renaming and banning books etc, when a train toots its horn,
    that'll have to be named to a less offensive body function :D:D

K9ASE, W4IOA and KA4DPO like this.
  5. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

In the 60s they turned on, tuned in and dropped out. Today we are all turning off, tuning out and dropping in with friends.

I turned off the endless news cycle about 2 years ago. Deleted all non family and personal friends from facebook 12 months ago and dropped out of all groups 8 months ago. And have never been happier.

If i can drop qrz, i will reach a state of zen only acheived by the Buddah himself.

WZ7U and W2AI like this.
  6. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Yonkers still is no more. Kings County distillery is in Brooklyn, which makes sense.

I was skeptical that the no-label booze would be any better than a mouthwash but it’s actually excellent. Super smooth and just tasty... a pleasant surprise.

The hand sanitizer smells like bourbon too but I won’t get them mixed up. :confused::p

7. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like the 'zed, while I am also somewhat active on other social media (I am a millennial after all) the 'zed is a fantastic resource for radio related information and entertainment and has been enjoyable to visit more frequently while I have been mostly stuck at home.

K9ASE likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

"It is what it is" ... :p

K9ASE likes this.
  9. W2AI

In the '60s, they turned on, tuned in and dropped out to Rowan and Martins Laugh-in.

10. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

now I had to turn that up:D

KA9JLM likes this.