Thank you to the anonymous benefactor that sent my ham daughter a TH-D72AG

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WE4B, Nov 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. KV4JW

KV4JW Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome. Just awesome. Remember, always try to pay it forward. Use this experience to better the ham community and the world around you. You don't have to donate a HT, or buy someone's coffee, meal, or whatever. Just showing your daughter and the people around you that good people are still left in this world is the only chance humanity has. :)

N3AWS, KA0USE and WE4B like this.
  2. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

works for me!!

N3AWS and WE4B like this.
  3. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

That's one of the best Friday morning things I've read....awesome! We could all take a page from that mystery donor's book.

WE4B likes this.
  4. K5AMT

K5AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

That is very cool! What a nice gesture! Congrats on the new Radio!

WE4B likes this.
  5. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

In oh so many ways, this is the best amateur radio story I've seen in a long, long time!

73, all!

WE4B and WZ7U like this.
  6. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That is a fine radio - hard to beat it!

WE4B likes this.
  7. W4ZD

W4ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An anonymous Elmer. How cool is that? :) It is truly wonderful to see the good side of things at times. I'd like to see it more often.

Jeff, you have a lovely daughter. I hope AR becomes a lifelong love for her. :)

N3AWS, W7UUU and WE4B like this.
  8. WE4B

WE4B Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the kind words.

N3AWS likes this.
  9. WE4B

WE4B Subscriber QRZ Page

Considering all the craziness of the world in which we now find ourselves, it really touches my heart that someone would do something like this. There was no Democrat/Republican, Left/Right type of situation. It was just someone that wanted to help my daughter have a better experience working satellites with amateur radio. Politics didn't matter. Skin color didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was that someone was willing to spend their hard earned dollars to facilitate a YL's amateur radio experience.

There are some kids that are known in the amateur radio community that have some corporate sponsors that donate radios and gear to them. My child is just an average kid that likes making QSOs. She and I are blue collar amateurs that just enjoy radio for the sake of radio. I'm sure most of you know what I'm trying to say. For my child to get something like this, is a real blessing as it will help her make more contacts. We would never solicit anyone for anything as we are self sufficient and know how to get the most out of the least, if that make sense.

The cool thing about being an blue collar amateur family is that there is no pressure on us to make videos or do reviews. We just do radio. If you ever work my daughter, you will have the contact show-up in LoTW and she will send you a paper card. We just enjoy radio and have fun with it. We are just normal people and don't have to worry about any corporate entity getting a review on their gear. We do have our favorites, but we don't have to post them on them for others to read.

I want to personally thank any of you that may have worked W4AQT or provided constructive criticism to her. She has learned and grown from these interactions. Amateur radio has been one of the best things I've ever been able to share with her. From simplex, to repeaters, to satellites and HF, she continues to grow as an amateur radio operator. She's only 12 but she is so far ahead of her peers in regards to STEM that it isn't even funny. She's a registered ARRL instructor and gives presentations on satellites and amateur radio. Her generation is our future. If you know a kid that might be interested in radio, do all you can to get them involved. Marissa, I know you look at the forums. If you see this, please know how proud I am of you. You rock! Tacos forever!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    W3ESE, N1VAU, K6CLS and 2 others like this.
  10. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Enjoy every moment, Papa!! Don't even blink, don't miss anything!

She will really enjoy the D72. I think it is the best HT for FM satellites.

WE4B likes this.