Thank you to the anonymous benefactor that sent my ham daughter a TH-D72AG

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WE4B, Nov 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WE4B

WE4B Subscriber QRZ Page

To the anonymous person that gifted my ham daughter a TH-D72A, thank you from the bottom of my heart! My daughter gets lots of QSL cards and since she is known as the Taco Kid in the AMSAT community, she occasionally gets some taco trinkets. We would have never expected to receive the gold standard of a radio for a FM satellite operator in the mail. As a dad, I am so proud of my daughter but I am also so proud of the amateur radio community that supports her, helps her and coaches her. We will find a way to pay this act of generosity forward. Thank you from both me and my daughter. 73!

2018-11-07 17.23.45.jpg

W7TCT, W4RAV, KA4FXC and 31 others like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Absolutely astounding! Congratulations to both of you, but especially to The Taco Kid :)

We have a wonderful community :)

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO, WZ7U and WE4B like this.
  3. WE4B

WE4B Subscriber QRZ Page

Amen!

W7UUU likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

You're a lucky Dad Jeff.
    Plus, it's wonderful that someone out there took the time to make her day/month/year by doing that.

Saw the Reddit earlier, thanks for bringing it over here. FB to the anonymous benefactor.

KK4NSF and WE4B like this.
  5. WE4B

WE4B Subscriber QRZ Page

W4AQT is now learning how to program her new radio. This is such an awesome gift for her. This past weekend, she got to talk to an astronaut on the ISS and now she gets this awesome gift. She is blessed.

WD3N, K6EIR and W7UUU like this.
  6. WE4B

WE4B Subscriber QRZ Page

I just want the benefactor to know it IS appreciated!

KF2M, KK4NSF and WZ7U like this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome!!

And to the anonymous benefactor, kudos to you for being so kind and generous, especially to such a young (but ambitious!) ham :)

Very very kind

Dave
    W7UUU

WD3N, K4AGO, K6EIR and 2 others like this.
  8. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How completely wonderful. Her smile says it all.

WE4B, KK4NSF and WZ7U like this.
  9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Whoever the benefactor is, a tip of the hat to you--that was mighty generous and thoughtful of you.

K6EIR, KV6O, WE4B and 1 other person like this.
  10. KE4YOG

KE4YOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw this yesterday on Twitter. This shows the best side of ham radio and the great people in our hobby.

K6EIR and WE4B like this.