ad: M2Ant-1

TH-75A question.

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by K6NG, Jun 4, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K6NG

K6NG Ham Member QRZ Page

Howdy,
    I have a TH-75A and the user manual. I have tried but have not succeeded to tune this little gem to 145.637.5. I travel a lot and this is a repeater in South Africa.
    Did I miss anything.. or can't it tune to that freq?
    Thanks
    Stephanus

2. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

You may be able to reach that frequency, if you change the 2m tuning step to 12.5 kHz. Otherwise, that radio will come close to, but not exactly on, that frequency. See page 13 in the printed user manual for changing the size of the frequency step.

73!

3. ZL1VSF

ZL1VSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Stephanus,

I know I'm a little late on the draw but as Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK states, you have to use the default steps size to 12.5 Khz to be able to tune to the following frequencies...
    xxx.x125
    xxx.x375
    xxx.x625
    xxx.x875 Mhz

In your case, the xxx.x375 is of course 145.6375,, so go into your set up routine (menu or what ever) and change that default step size to "12.5"... That should easily enable you to reach all those in between frequencies. If you want some freq's that end in "0" or "5", eg - 154.630 or 145.635 then you may have to change step sizes to either 10Khz or 5Khz but of course once you get to them, that's when you put them into memory channels where they are stored permanently for your access and use,, then you can move on to the next one and if you have to you can again change default setting as you will without fear of interfering with memory channels...

I am assuming you are either new to amateur radio or to VHF/UHF type hand held radio's (probably completely wrong but for a question like that, it just sounds like it)... At least you asked,, that's good...!!!

Al... (ZL1VSF)

4. K6NG

K6NG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks all.
    The thing i found with this radio is that is did not display the last .5 It would only display 145.637. which is why i thought is was not on the frequency. I put the step on 12.5 and then with the VFO on 145.000 I turned the tuning knob one turn and here you can see the result. I was baffled.

th25.JPG

Thanks for everyone's input.
    Stephanus

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015