ad: ARR

Test questions different than question pool?

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KD0OAS, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Without even the slightest change .
    Absolutely not .

2. KD0OAS

KD0OAS Ham Member QRZ Page

There was something definitely wrong then. I was expecting the answers to be in a different order but the wording for a lot of the questions and answers was completely different from what I studied. I guess it just means I actually learned something from my studying if I only missed a few questions.

3. W9DSD

W9DSD Ham Member QRZ Page

I just took and passed my Tech exam this morning, and there was one question i could not recall seeing before. Sure enough, i missed ONE question. I took a different approach to my studying. I printed out the entire Tech question pool and had the wife quiz me on it in it's entirety. I started with her reading the choices for the answers, and for the last couple weeks before the test, i was able to give her the correct answer. I may go for my General next month.

Dave

4. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave,

Change "may go" to "will go".

Having taught sections of the old and new Technician pool they upped the difficulty level. I believe the question pool for the next General update might be available for review, but I don't really recall. My expectation is they will continue that trend.

Without debating the merits of more or less difficult you are on a roll. Follow thru on the next step. General opens the door for access to all the bands, minus the frequencies for Extra and some or one of the older license class(es). At the General level you can idle along for years keeping busy without going to the Extra.

Good Luck,
    Mike

5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From what I'm seeing right now, in the middle of teaching a Tech course, and working in the General material at the same time, I think right now, there is a tremendous overlap between the two question pools.

We've gone through a couple cycles of this. A lot of technical material was taken off the Tech years ago, and most of it ended up on the General. Now, it's gone the other way a lot, with many of the General topics back on the Tech. I believe that with very little more more instruction, my Tech students will be able to pass the General with ease. Once again, merging these two classes really makes sense.

6. KB9MDQ

KB9MDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Passed the General a week ago after being a no-code since '95. I had a rough week prior so had to take it twice since I just missed the break the first time. I swear that first test was from a different book. Maybe it was lol!

I was tired from a a 2-day overnight 5th grade field trip but I passed. I guess for some now I am a "real" ham" lol

7. AG6JU

AG6JU Ham Member QRZ Page

it seems like ARRL VEC always use exact question and answer from question pool, but I have heard some VEC does not use exactly same, I did not know if each VEC can change questions.

8. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Start studying for your Extra. after having my general for about 8mos now I've been studying for the extra. When you get into the extra material then you realize you are just a radio operator until you pass that test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.