For Sale TenTec Omni VII

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA4BD, May 29, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. AA4BD

AA4BD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For sale is my TenTec Omni VII in almost pristine physical condition. One barely noticeable surface scratch on bottom left panel. Operationally it works great, as it should. Radio does not have the internal tuner and is being sold without a mic. Manual and power cord are included. This radio has been modified professionally to allow the use of a second receiver that can be used as a panadapter. The grey plugs shown at the back of the radio are part of the mod and must remain plugged in for the radio to work, but it is not necessary to actually have a second receiver connected in order for the radio to work as it should. Have original box.

Asking $700.00 shipped to lower 48.
    If interested please email me at:
    tiki.bill@gmail.com (dont forget the "dot" between the tiki and the bill)

Attached Files:

K9JJM and KA8UGB like this.
  2. K5NSN

K5NSN Ham Member QRZ Page

Who performed the second receiver mod?
    Is the mod easily reversible or removed?
    Was the modification sanctioned as “acceptable” by TenTec?

3. W8LGZ

W8LGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

From what the seller described, this appears to be the mod he's describing. It is Ten Tec approved.
    https://tentecwiki.eqth.net/doku.php?id=588secondrx

Jim, W8LGZ

4. K5NSN

K5NSN Ham Member QRZ Page

Why are you answering my questions directed at the seller?
    Do you know first hand the TenTec sanctioned mod was performed?
    The sellers post says, ...”performed by a professional.” Not, “performed by me.”

I appreciate your attempt to be helpful, but I would like a response from the seller...

W8LGZ, KD0WGB and K3XYZ like this.
  5. W1AL

W1AL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is this radio still available?

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.