Ten-Tec

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5XS, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I agree.

My own company provides a "1 year warranty from date of delivery," but in virtually all cases, even if someone has a product that's 10 years old, we just service it, anyway.

We may charge for the software update (like $150 for a machine that might cost $10K) but that's about it. We do expect our stuff to last a very long time and there's no good reason it should fail.

Brings back repeat customers, a lot.

K3XR likes this.
  2. N0KEW

N0KEW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I remember back when I was first licensed, a TT was almost my first radio. They had that thing back then where they would spread the payments out and I almost bought their (I think 30 watt?!?!) Hf rig. I ended up just getting a used radio but I wish TT good luck for the future.

K3XR likes this.
  3. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Could this be a leaked photo of a prototype? I wonder if it will do FT8?

death-star.jpeg

PU2OZT likes this.
  4. K5ABB

K5ABB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a death star... It ONLY does FT-8, lol

PU2OZT, W0FS, K3XR and 1 other person like this.
  5. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Ten-Tec leveraged existing best-of-breed e-markets, which distinctively monetized effective supply chains, but silos of conjecture created a persistent downside, at least in theory.

KA4DPO and W7UUU like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's true to an extent, of course. But they also very enthusiastically productivated cross-unit architectures to efficiently leverage other manufacturers covalent monetization capabilities, all the while formulating holistically adaptive radios and related materials.

Stuff to think about.... things that Hilberling could only dream of doing!

Dave
    W7UUU

KA4DPO and (deleted member) like this.
  7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Or to put it in terms we of the unwashed masses understand, "Ten-Tec fall down, go BOOM!" :D

K2XT, AB0R and KA4DPO like this.
  8. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not sure if this was previously posted, so ... from https://www.tentec.com/store/?model_number=rx331-hf:

"COVID 19 STATUS UPDATE

Effective October 13, 2020 the ON LINE STORE is OPEN for amateur business again!

However, we are functioning on a very limited basis. Email will be answered and shipments processed ONLY on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Operating a small business during the new world of COVID is a difficult endeavor, so please be patient with us. The good old days are gone and they probably aren’t coming back. These are trying times for everyone. Keep in mind it isn’t just TEN TEC but the entire world economy that is back logged from being closed a half year and it is a long road to recovery. Rome was not built in a day but it sure didn’t take long to burn down.

We have caught up with and returned all the repairs from before the state mandated closure. We are issuing repair RMA’s again. However, please do not expect rapid turnaround times because we probably will not be physically able to get to new repairs for a couple of months considering the upcoming holidays. Right now we are just overwhelmed with commercial production and the new Dayton factory project. Growing pains are inconvenient but serve the health of the company in the long term. We are positioning Ten Tec to thrive in the future and just have to do the things that we do. Hopefully amateur radio production will restart in the first quarter with Omni 7+.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Mike N8WFF
    President
    Ten Tec / Dishtronix / Alpha RF Systems"

Actually, this is one of Mike's nicer, forthright, and more reasonable statements. Good for TenTec and other brands. :)

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just to add to the above, https://www.alpharfsystems.com/?page_id=1519

Store
    COVID-19 Status Update

As of September 2020 we are open for business on a limited basis.

We are working to return the backlog of repairs that were in process when we were forced to cease operations because of Covid-19.

We are not accepting new repairs until we have cleared the backlog of units UNLESS it is a warranty repair.

The online parts store is CLOSED. We are not processing online parts orders at this time. We are working different shifts and different days to keep our distance from each other to reduce our exposure risks. We are making some changes to how we handle on line orders and should resume the store later in the year. If you do manage to place an online order it will be fulfilled whenever we are able to do so. Be prepared to wait as long as it takes. If you desire a refund at any time contact us before lodging a complaint with your credit card company and we will be happy to refund your money. Credit card disputes cost us 25 dollars each transaction.

Thank you for your understanding in this difficult time that this situation is hard on everyone, and hardest of all on small businesses. We really do appreciate all of our customers loyalty, patience and support.

Thanks,

Management

Sounds like they had a very large backlog of repairs.

10. W5IEI

W5IEI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Omni 7+
    Why not just resurrect The Omni V ?
    Better radio.

KC6RCM likes this.