Ten-Tec

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5XS, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Registration listed as Inactive. Expired, January 2015.

NL7W and KA4DPO like this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe. It will be a rebadged off the shelf chinese product. Remember the "Ten Tec" microphones at a recent Dayton?

KA4DPO likes this.
  3. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

With the way COVID-19 is ramping up, I seriously doubt that there will be a Xenia in 2021 unless it’s virtual. I hope I’m wrong about that...

WA8FOZ and KA4DPO like this.
  4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard that they lost the mold for the front panel.

W1BR and KA4DPO like this.
  5. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I completely agree. I own 3 TT rigs myself. When I email TT about anything I get a nasty reply. No more TT for me.

WD4IGX, NL7W, KA4DPO and 1 other person like this.
  6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a shame.

Remember back in the day when they encouraged you to fix your own stuff and would mail out spare parts for home repairs -- usually for free?

Long time ago. In about 1995 the PTO in my little SCOUT 555 went flaky. One phone call that lasted maybe two minutes and the service tech said he'd mail me a new PTO assembly with an instruction sheet, and "please use the same box to return the old one." No charge. I did return the old one in the same box. Took 20 minutes to replace the old one.

Boy, the way Glenn Miller played...
    Songs that made the Hit Parade...
    Guys like us, we had it made...:p

WD4IGX and WD5GWY like this.
  7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed, those were the days. I purchased a used TT Omin VI plus (still have it). It developed a problem and was way out of warranty. I sent it to TT they repaired it and returned it all at no charge. That's one of the ways they developed their great reputation. Things change and just like the Boy Scouts no longer exist the real TT is a thing of the past.

KA4DPO and WD4IGX like this.
  8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He forgot the... "We'll See" :p

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The new owner has stated one reason T-T failed was they didn't charge nearly enough for service and it was running them into bankruptcy.

That's his opinion, but I doubt that had anything to do with it. Excellent post-sales service develops a good reputation and a following -- sometimes even when products really aren't that great. It's a reason Amazon has so many customers.

I've purchased many "not so easy to find locally" items on Amazon; some stuff is rare enough that it really doesn't even exist in the States, and when you order it, it comes from China (or somewhere). Like "OEM" TV remote controls and stuff. I've ordered some that actually didn't work when they arrived, and when I went to fill out the form to return it for replacement, the Amazon robot informed me, "We're sending you a new one, don't bother returning the bad one." I tossed the bad one in the recycle bin and sure enough, a new one that did work arrived a few days later.

It's a reason they have 200 million customers.:p

WD4IGX, K4TTJ and KA4DPO like this.
  10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If you think of the money a company would spend on advertising to draw customers and the amount of goodwill obtained by providing outstanding service, even if it costs you a few bucs, the goodwill goes a long way not just for your regular customer but also for the future customers that hear the story of how others were treated.

WD4IGX, KA4DPO and W4NNF like this.