Ten-Tec

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5XS, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So it's less than 500 employees, not sure where you got the 750 number from, and your company makes far more revenue than the amount required to qualify for Small business, not sure what your point is,,,, or was. But evidently you still have to work.

I have been retired for almost 13 years and we are about the same age. Hmm. Oh well, I'm glad your company is doing so well on COTS sales, not sure you are sole source, but that's OK. Have fun at work tomorrow. Dr. McGrew and I have an appointment at a gun range tomorrow morning, and a new micro brewery in the afternoon. Cheers.:D

W5BIB and NL7W like this.
  2. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard there was a shortage of wood screws from China, so are they actually manufacturing radios at Ten-Tec? In any case, I'm sure Ron will be along shortly with the scoop, which will then appear in his famous "news" letter.

:)

KA4DPO likes this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ron doesn't hang out with us low-bred riff-raff anymore.

KA4DPO, W4NNF, KA0HCP and 2 others like this.
  4. KA4DPO

Went to the range this morning, good time. Lost Rhino Brewing Company doesn't open until 2:00 today. Waiting to try a Face Plant IPA.

Ron will be here, he is probably transcribing the latest updates using his orphan Annie secret decoder ring.:rolleyes:

W4NNF and (deleted member) like this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you were either misinformed for a long time or just not current on the rules regarding "small businesses."

The definition of a small business according to CFR 121.201 varies by the actual business (NAICS); in our case, it's between 750 employees and 1,250 employees maximum and there is no specific sales or business volume limit:
    small business.PNG

I don't "have to work," I love to work! I've said since I was about 27 or 28 years old "my retirement and funeral will hopefully be on the same day" and still feel that way.

VU3DRU likes this.
  6. KA4DPO

As a COR I was never misinformed. What you posted is the North American Industry Standards, those are for reporting purposes for business census and other data collection. The rules in the FAR are very specific, and have absolutely nothing to do with NAICS data. Once again, don't try to blow smoke, you can't.

I bet you love working, I know I don't. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, and I get paid well to do it. Can't beat that.

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

pisscontestcartoon.gif platinum subscriptions not withstanding...

W4HM, VU3DRU, WJ4U and 7 others like this.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You're incorrect. The FAR exactly follows the Code of Federal Regulatons, specifically 13 CFR 121.201 from which the chart above is sourced. Look it up. The CFR dictates how small businesses are defined for use in Federal Acquisitions; it also drives the specific definitions used for Small Businesses by the SBA.

Edit: 13 CFR 121.201 is here: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=13:1.0.1.1.17

This is the ONLY guideline for the definition of small business in current federal acquisition regulations.

Now, look at DIBBS, the DLA Internet Bid Board System (which may not have existed 13 years ago, but is the primary resource for everyone involved with Federal Government contracting today).

From https://www.dla.mil comes:

• DLA Internet Bid Board System (DIBBS): DIBBS is a web-based application that allows you to search for, view, and submit secure quotes on Requests for Quotations (RFQs) for DLA items of supply. DIBBS also allows users to search and view Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Invitations for Bid (IFBs), awards, and other procurement information related to DLA.
    • Federal Contract Opportunities: Most DoD and federal government procurements over $25,000 are publicized in beta.SAM.gov to include DLA's opportunities. Federal government agencies publish their solicitations on beta.SAM.gov providing detailed information on how and when vendors should respond. Vendors can utilize beta.SAM.gov to search, monitor and retrieve potential DLA opportunities matching the goods and services they provide.
    If you subscribe to DIBBS (it's not open to the general public without first "joining" it), look through the thousands of RFIs, RFPs and RFQs and see what they state about small-businesses: They refer to the SBA definition -- period. And the SBA definition follows the CFR definition.

You're not winning, here, and just looking old.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Those must be young 'stick-figures' with healthy/normal size prostates !!... I remember being young once,... I could piss over-the-top of a school bus ! :p Now,... I'm lucky to be able to hit the tire (sigh) :(

K4PIH, WE4E, WB3EYB and 4 others like this.
  10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you need this here Steve
    loses argument.jpg