ad: Radclub22-1

Ten-Tec

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5XS, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Which would be nice if there were much of anything to buy. ;)

KA4DPO, NL7W, K3XR and 1 other person like this.
  2. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, that little bit sounds somewhat promising. Government contracts do pay better than cheap hams so I can see their focus on fulfilling those first before getting into new radio territory.
    Got to keep in mind lots of businesses shut down and and without clients they were unable to remain in business without a regular cash flow. I assist some of those businesses so I know better than to slam a business for not being fully available.
    Also lots of parts that were made in Asia are just now coming back up in availability so it is kind of hard to build a radio with air.
    I wish them luck in getting back in business.
    My RX320 is still going strong since 1990's.

WZ7U and KA8UGB like this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If they had a bunch of government contracts, they'd have stayed open during the last number of months. The governor of their state didn't require them to close. And I wonder what they are selling to the government, anyway? Old design superhets or something? I'm not sure what they are capable of producing that the gubmint would be interested in...

KA4DPO likes this.
  4. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The words "Government contracts" gets thrown around a lot in these discussions. Small businesses like the one that I assume we are referring to, very rarely contract directly with the government. Instead, they are subcontracted by a company, or companies, Who are actually fulfilling a Government contract, making them subbed to a prime contractor. These small contracts can be lucrative, and sometimes they can last for a couple of years.

I guess where I'm going with this is that in all of my years in the DOD acquisition arena, I have not seen the Federal Government put out a purchase order to a sub contractor for circuit boards. There was a time when depot level maintenance would have required a certain number of spares for some critical systems. But, those replacement components would have been procured through the prime, who either made them in house, or procured them from a sub. This appears to be a small company, exactly the type that would be subbed by a prime contractor. Lets keep it in the fairway and stop using a toe wedge from the rough.

W4NNF likes this.
  5. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

You can stick a fork in TT, they are done. They may have some lucrative government contracts but the $$ in the ham market just isnt there for them. I liked them, very sad.

WD4IGX and KA4DPO like this.
  6. K0RGR

K0RGR Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope they make it back, and come up with some rigs that are a little less pricey than the OMNI VII+, though I think I would love to have one of those. That's considerably less expensive than a K4, I'm sorry to say.

7. W4HWD

W4HWD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When I wanted, and was in a position to buy a new rig, I couldn't get an Omni VII...so I went with the Elecraft K3s.

Things work out for the better sometimes.

KA4DPO, K5ABB and K8PG like this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Waiting for a radio death star.

W5IEI, KA4DPO, K8PG and 1 other person like this.
  9. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 3 Pegasuses & now, a Jupiter. Love them.
    Would love a 6N2....
    I doubt they will come back, but would love for them to.

Ed

KA8UGB likes this.
  10. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Big Pile of Dead Horse’s

KA4DPO and W4HWD like this.