Ten Tec- where is it today

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N8FVJ, Aug 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have tried to watch Monty Python a few times during my lifetime but could never get past the first 10 minutes. Im not sure if you have to be extremely intelligent to understand it or extremely unintelligent? Either way I could never figure it out. 73 Rich

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

completely different2.jpg

WD4IGX, WJ4U and N2EY like this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd think that what would make the company attractive to Martin would be if they had a really good product right now, but weren't really in a position to capitalize on it and get it our there in enough numbers to satisfy demand. I don't think a warmed over version of yesterday's product would be it. ;)

And it would have to be a really impressive rig. With the prices of the Big Three's mid-range radios falling all the time--the IC-7610 is now below 3K and the new Yaesu is already getting cheaper--it's gonna be tough. :(

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He's already a distributor for the Xiegos...or is that Ziegos...or Zygos? Never mind. :p

5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok...it just sounded like you thought the Autek was a DSP. May well be it wouldn't add anything - I've never tried combining them. Come to think of it, I don't have anything with integral DSP to combine it with anyway though I do have one of the MFJ external DSP filters. But if it doesn't help any more it would seem to me that more help is not generally needed.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  6. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's quirky by anyone's standards and especially American ones.

There are some Flying Circus skits like the parrot one that have become absolute classics to the point of being almost part of the culture, at least geeky culture, others.... I'm not usually keen on just sitting and watching Flying Circus either, but I find the movies sheer genius. But of course, your mileage may vary. But in my day we didn't have much choice for comedy, no sir, you watched what you had AND were grateful for it...

If that doesn't at least make a point to you...well, it makes a point.

W9RAC and WJ4U like this.