Ten Tec- where is it today

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N8FVJ, Aug 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Unlikely. Since the new ownership took over several years ago, there have been only two new radios mentioned that I am aware of. An upgraded Omni VII, of which some went for sale earlier this year; and an updated Eagle, which as far as I know has not been released yet; but based on a video of the owner made at the Xenia hamvention, appeared to be in advanced development at that time with some very interesting features and capabilities.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    KA4DPO likes this.
  2. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Heard back and the filters for eagle are not currently available from Ten Tec. I requested an ETA for future availability. If anyone has an extra CW and FM filter, please let me know.

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Currently the answer is pretty much "Nowheresville." Could that change? Sure...but if something pretty big doesn't happen in 2020...

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, there's a song for that...

W4NNF likes this.
  5. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Contact Scott W4PA at Vibroplex.

NZ5F likes this.
  6. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks will do so

7. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The OmniVII plus was not really an upgrade, just the same Omni VII that was selling in 2015 with a flat sheet metal panel and slightly different switches, since they probably couldn't get the originals anymore. Interesting side note, I read that one of the Ten Tec employees was stricken with a serious medical issue. Oddly, the RX-340 and the Omni VII+ were listed as out of stock shortly thereafter. I hope the person is doing well and has a speedy recovery.

Anyway, if Ten Tec and Alpha don't produce anything in the new year then we are probably looking at the end of both them. Looks like Emtron is already history.

I know someone who Emailed them two weeks ago and has not gotten a response yet. Don't hold your breath.

8. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

contacted Scott and the filters for the Eagle are discontinued

9. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear that.

10. KN6SD

KN6SD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hasn't Ten-Tec been declared "DEAD" several times... That company is like Michael Myers (Halloween killer), you just can't keep'em down...