Ten Tec- where is it today

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N8FVJ, Aug 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking at length with Tom back in the late 80s/early 90s - a real gentleman and man of his word.

2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Really? Where in Tennessee? I have never seen any photos of them building radios in Tennessee on the web site, nor any posts from happy Ten Tec employees. I did see where they sold three radios since Dayton, never seen any reviews though. I guess if I bought a 2006 rig for a 2019 price I wouldn't want anyone to know I was that dumb either. For all I know, the company probably bought two of them.

K4AGO likes this.
  3. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

F184A4FB-E926-4AA9-9FD5-1831F4B7AD69.png Lord, not again.

K8AI, KA0HCP and KD8DEY like this.
  4. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Searching Ten Tec will enlighten you.

5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you just hate it when your steak still has marks on it where the jockey beat it...

6. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here.
    We.
    Go.
    Again...

AE1P and KD8DEY like this.
  7. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Straight from Mike Dishop, the Ten Tec owners' mouth at Dayton 2019.

p.s. This video required enormous amounts of work to track down; at least 10 seconds on YouTube. ;)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    WX7P, K9ASE, WN6U and 5 others like this.
  8. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They used to be anyway - Sevierville, TN. I've been to the factory in Tennessee as I used to live about 70 miles from it. We - our Elmer drove me and another teenaged too-young-to-drive ham there - took my friend's Argonaut there when it developed problems. They fixed it free even though the problem was caused by an audio CW filter he mounted inside and dropped metal filings on the trace side of a PC board from his work mounting it. Can't beat service like that.

I also had a friend who worked for them as a repair tech for a while in the ... early 90s I believe, been a long time.

But nowadays? No idea.

K9ASE, W9RAC and WE4B like this.
  9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is it today? Where was it yesterday - did someone loose it? Whose turn was it to watch it?

K9ASE likes this.
  10. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You folks that consider the topic to be beating a dead horse are under no obligation to either read the thread or post to it. Indeed, it would be most helpful if you would STFU and stay away. The topic is of interest to many of us here, and trying to answer it via Google can be time consuming. Thus, in the interests of minimal expenditure of time and effort, I would start by asking others, as has been done here. It's simple common sense, yes? :rolleyes:

W0CAC, KEVINRGOSHE, WB5THT and 2 others like this.