Ten-Tec Service

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AG8J, Jan 14, 2022 at 7:40 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AG8J

AG8J Ham Member QRZ Page

In November 2021 I emailed a request to repair my Jupiter 538, since I received from them that they were back in business of repairing radios. They sent me a RMA Number and their service policy and I agreed and sent the Jupiter to them on November 2, 2021. I have sent them email trying to get any information on the transceiver with no reply. I would like to know if anyone has had their Ten-Tec radio repaired by their service department in Sevierville TN.
    Thanks
    Carl, AG8j

2. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

I had my Jupiter repaired several years ago. I think it was Sevierville. IIRC it took a little longer than I expected, and they charged sales tax to an out of state customer for service, which I thought was kind of weird.

3. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just because it is in another state doesn't make sales/service tax magically disappear. Assuming the law there is similar to Texas as a basic rule the tax rate is usually based upon where the service is performed.

Similar to mail order. Just because the seller didn't collect tax also doesn't mean the tax magically disappears. The obligation is still on the buyer to pay it.

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Who is Ten-Tec?

WS4JM, N1IPU and KA4DPO like this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The new (as of about 4 years ago) owner of Ten-Tec has claimed they're running along just fine.:)

Why not call him directly?

WS4JM likes this.
  6. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Usually, I'd suggest that, but there's no phone number on their web site, and it advises:

The service@tentec.com email is monitored Monday through Wednesday. At this time we are unable to offer extensive telephone or email support for amateur customers. Please do NOT call Dishtronix in Ohio. They can’t answer your service question and will refer you to this email contact. We understand you may find this inconvenient, but with the present resources it is the only possible way we can deal with the continuous volume of telephone calls that paralyzed the service department in the past.
    [my emphasis added]

:(

K0UO and KA4DPO like this.
  7. KE0VT

KE0VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Anytime anyone has Ten-Tec issues contact the Radiosmith. He communicates, is affordable and won't BS you.

KA4DPO and N3AWS like this.
  8. WA4NJY

WA4NJY Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve does great work.

KA4DPO and N3AWS like this.
  9. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Nine Tec + 1

W5TTP, KA4DPO, N2AMM and 2 others like this.
  10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, it's statements like that (not yours -- theirs) that will ultimately bury them altogether if they're not already pushing up daisies.

Pity, but it is what it is.

KA4DPO likes this.