SOLD Ten-Tec Jupiter model 538 Transceiver Original

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N7ZRZ, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
  1. N7ZRZ

N7ZRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is an excellent example of a classic clean TenTec Jupiter 538 transceiver, 100 watts with 160 through 10 meters that is in excellent working and physical condition. This one has the chrome knobs on it and I can't seem to find out if this was an option or something aftermarket, but does make this look like a premium model? This is another one of my office stored items that I've displayed for years as it was one of the cleanest Jupiters I have come across...
    This one works great (internal speaker not working) and has one of the best “Noise Reductions” I have ever used. It is in original stock condition and includes a new serial to USB interface cable which I have never got around to using. I also have the DC power cord, hand microphone and original owners manual . Radio is from a non smoking home...

$525.00 Delivered / CONUS, Payment via Paypal only...

Thanks and 73'

N7ZRZ

1-call.jpg 3-call.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 14.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

K7LRC, KA8UGB, KC8TMW and 2 others like this.
  2. KM6JMR

KM6JMR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Almost ready to buy, is the multifunction knob still working well? Any issues at all, I am interested in using it primarily for cw. Please email aljaszcar@yahoo.com or if you can call 951-797-0106

3. N7ZRZ

??? I also have a TenTec Omni VII and it does NOT have chrome knobs ???

4. WV8P

WV8P Ham Member QRZ Page

The Jupiter looks very nice. Is this the same radio that was pictured in your Jeep? Have you tried to repair the speaker problem?
    Still thinking about the Jupiter.

The knobs are probably from an Omni V

5. KA0KA

KA0KA Ham Member QRZ Page

Darrell:
    -Any news on the blue screen vs green screen Jupiter?
    -Does this have an auto-tuner installed?

Also do you know if 'ten tech' is still in business? I know there was a lot of moment in the last two years...Just wanted to ask in case you need parts...(RKR, Alpha, RF Concepts...Ten Tech bla bla bla)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  6. N7ZRZ

Hello'
    This is the green screen series.
    No internal antenna tuner.
    Both the rear external speaker and headphone connections work fine, all I ever used...
    Radio in my Jeep was an Icom 746Pro.
    Hope this helps and 73'
    Darrell
    N7ZRZ

7. KA8UGB

KA8UGB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ten Tec is still in business --- certainly their service department is in operation

8. KG0J

KG0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Chrome Knob Kit was an option available from Ten-Tec and includes a weighted VFO knob for better feel.

KA8UGB likes this.
  9. N7ZRZ

Thanks for the information Ron...
    73'

10. N7ZRZ

Radio is SOLD...
    Thanks Don,

KA8UGB likes this.
  11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.