SOLD TEN-TEC Jupiter 538AT, w/Blue screen. Tech Special No TX

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N1VAU, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N1VAU

N1VAU Ham Member QRZ Page

Ten-Tec "Jupiter" model # 538AT
    Blue display model
    S/N 12C10064
    Software version 1.33 B3 dated 12-15-2010
    CW decode on screen
    Band Scope

Tested RX with an antenna today while there was activity on AM Broadcast, 80, WWV 10Mhz, 40, 20 meters and it worked pretty well. Static (listened to noise floor) tested 60, 17, 15 and 10 meters, they seemed to work too, but there were no other signals on those bands because they weren't open.

The receiver sounded very good.

This version software has CW decode capabilities on the display screen. I tried it, it works.

I could not for the life of me get any RF output on any band or any mode. I even read the manual (gasp).

Some scratches on case, nothing terrible but it is not in showroom collector condition.

There is a after picture cleanable smudge shown on the front. I didn't notice it until after the pictures were taken.

This is an estate item and I have no other information.

Unit has already been bubble wrapped, floated in packing peanuts, boxed and boxed again with packing material in the corners and air bags along the side of the interior box. AKA "Double Boxed"

Boxed this measures 24" X 21"X9" and weighs 20 LBS

Unit sold as is, no warranty, not fully operational, for parts or repair
    Sale includes radio, power cord, copy of users manual and copy of service manual.
    Desk microphone is not included in this sale but is for sale separately in another thread.

$300 + actual shipping for 20 LBS from 03896

Paypal accepted.

Contact me via PM here or email through mycall@arrl.net and I will give you my correct paypal address.

IMG_1904 edit.jpg IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1913.JPG IMG_1914.JPG IMG_1918.JPG IMG_1917.JPG IMG_1922.JPG IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1904 edit.jpg IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1904 edit.jpg IMG_1905.JPG

K8TDN, K5NSN and KA8UGB like this.
  2. K5NSN

K5NSN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have sent you an email & look forward to your reply.

Thank you
    Jimmie

3. KI4NBO

KI4NBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested

4. KE2AA

KE2AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Please look for an email from KE2AA.

5. K5NSN

Only response I have received from my email to n1vau@arrl.net is a third party response from what appears to be a scammer. The name on the email is "Prashant Karkare" ac2rwprashant@gmail.com and in the body of the email it says:
    "I have for sale a ten tec Jupiter 538at in a perfect working condition. Come with manual , mic , shipping box and cable. Asking $285 shipped. Let me know if you are interested."

This may have been a legitimate offer, but it seems a little "too good a deal" for me to jump right on it. If there is truly the $285 shipped Jupiter, why not list it somewhere instead of hijacking another's sale??? From my latest experiences here, the scams are running rampant on QRZ and many other swap/deal sites!!!
    BE CAREFUL !!!

Still awaiting response to my offer email from N1VAU...

Has anyone else received the email from Prashant Karkare ?

??
    k5nsn

6. K5ITM

K5ITM Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KE2AA

KE2AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Let the dufus try what he may. Thanks for the heads-up.

K5NSN likes this.
  8. KI4NBO

KI4NBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I received the same email

KG9H likes this.
  9. K5NSN

10. N1VAU

N1VAU Ham Member QRZ Page

Sale pending and another on deck

IDK how someone could intercept my arrl.net forwarder email! That's disturbing

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.