Ten Tec Centaur model 411 info required.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KF6ODC, Oct 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF6ODC

KF6ODC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sequence is where it's at. I actually have an auto keyer coming soon. I wont have to worry about the foot pedal. I also have a hand trigger. But like you said if you let go accidentally its not a good idea. Maybe I should l should wait for its arrival.

2. KF6ODC

I'm going to check on Heil products. I've heard of them before. Good products..

3. KF6ODC

Thank you to everyone here on the qrz forum. Your all very knowledgeable. Thanks for the learning. I wont forget it. Best regards and God Bless.. Sincerely John.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What kind of "rig" are you using with the amp?

Most of us would just use the TX ENABLE or TX GND or whatever (this can be labeled many ways) provided by the rig itself to key the amplifier. Many ops also use a footswitch just for "hands-free" operation so there's no fumbling with buttons for voice TX work, but if your rig can key the amplifier, there's no need for anything extra -- usually.

Depends a bit on the rig, but most I've seen and use here at home already have sequenced amp keying built in; when you modulate (VOX), press the key (CW) or push the PTT button, the TX GND connection is made first to key the amp, and then some milliseconds later the rig actually creates output; the sequence is reversed going back to receiving. In my Ten Tecs, this time delay is adjustable and you can set it over a wide range of delays to accommodate different amplifier relay switching times. (This is NOT the same as semi-QSK dropout delay, which is something entirely different.) Using a true "QSK" amplifier that uses vacuum relays or PIN diodes, the delay really isn't even necessary

If you use a transceiver that is keying compatible with your amplifier, no need to use anything else except a jumper between them for keying.

AH7I likes this.
  5. KF6ODC

Hello WB2WIK radio is kenwood 950sdx radio.