Ten-Tec 1208 manual

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by AA7QQ, Oct 15, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WA9LB

WA9LB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have looked quite a bit also and have not located a copy or even a PDF.

Interesting that the 1208 manual is like the El Dorado legend, fabled to exist, but difficult to find. Every link I have found for it is a dead end.

The search continues....

2. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have it saved, somewhere. PM me on Friday & I will look for it over the weekend. Might have to check a few hard drives.

Ed

3. WA9LB

WA9LB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Ed. Will send a message later this week.

Allen

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  4. WB1EAD

WB1EAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ed..I sure hope you can find ur file!..I too managed to find some jumbled up info on this rig from a hams website in VE3 territory a few years back but when I went back to check on something it was gonzo..I'm pretty sure I found mine on that same site you originally posted but it is no longer there..I own one too (1208 transv) and I even called Ten Tec to inquire but no luk there or anywhere on the net..dang shoulda downloaded and printed it..please if you can send a link or post ur manual here or MUCH better send it to BAMA or DK Mods..IT REALLY WUD BE APPRECIATED!!! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

5. AA7QQ

It was a few years ago & is on either a hard drive, or a thumbdrive. I have about 50 here.
    Once I find it, I will try my best to contact the man who scanned it to let him know that I am going to send it to Bama, as I would wish the same.

Ed

6. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too, please.

7. KA5IGI

KA5IGI Ham Member QRZ Page

If you go to archive.org and enter the url "www.hamelectronicsmagazine.com" in the wayback machine prompt, there is an archive of the website from March 7, 2018. There are three pdfs for the 1208. One is a scanned image of the construction manual (as per AA7QQ it is a bit screwy but complete and usable), one for a manual correction and another one which is a circuit board overview.

8. AA7QQ

Darnitall…. I should have thought about that. I have not been able to find the right harddrive yet.

Ed

9. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that all there is? I was hoping for instructions.

I would like to know if the display shows 20-meter how do I know what frequency I am operating on 2-meter?

..same for 6-meter.

I have 1208 and 1209

10. KA5IGI

KA5IGI Ham Member QRZ Page

For the 1208 : 14 mhz - 18 mhz = 50 mhz - 54 mhz
    For the 1209 : 144 mhz - 148 mhz = 50 mhz - 54 mhz

Sorry W7CJD if I am not understanding your question.