Telling a seller that he got his shipping estimate wrong

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K1XV, Mar 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K1XV

K1XV Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a recent post of someone selling an almost brand new FT-991a. He provided an estimated shipping cost from California to Florida via UPS of $243.50. This was obviously a wrong quote, at least for UPS Ground. I replied that his estimated shipping cost was way off. This was to help the seller, as the end result was, his asking price plus shipping would have been more than the cost of a brand new unit shipped from one of the major suppliers for free.

I was told my post was deleted for discussing asking prices. I was not discussing asking prices. Rather, I was telling the seller that his estimated shipping cost was way off. I believe he appreciated my post, as he went back to UPS and got a more realistic price estimate for UPS Ground.

I think this was a case of an overenthusiastic moderator.

73 Ray K1XV

2. KE0NSK

KE0NSK Ham Member QRZ Page

That's kinda their thing. You give someone a hammer and everything appears to be a nail. This is the most moderated forum I have ever been a member of. Don't take it personal, they are just whacking away at nails.

K6CLS likes this.
  3. N5RFX

N5RFX Ham Member QRZ Page

And probably the most civil.

Mark N5RFX

N1VAU and K7MH like this.
  4. KE0NSK

KE0NSK Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't seem that way to me. I'm not a fan of the cryptic insults and read between the lines type of comments this forum condones. Maybe it's because I am a little more blunt and don't enjoy the undertone game.

KA9MOT likes this.
  5. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like they un-deleted it...

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes. I was the one who undeleted it. Moments after it was deleted in fact. I misread the post as complaining about the price of the item.

No one is perfect and sometimes we misread things - but I'm never going to "hide behind the curtain". If I goof, I admit it.

Total time the post was deleted was about 30 seconds before being reinstated (but the poster would have received a notice)

Dave
    W7UUU

KA9MOT, W2VW, W5PFG and 3 others like this.
  7. K1XV

K1XV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you. I am told, in the Turkish language, that my last name means "reasonable person:". I try to be.

W7UUU likes this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2019-3-8_9-38-15.png

KA9MOT and K1XV like this.
  9. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Civily moderated for sure!

N5RFX likes this.