Tell me if I am wrong

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KG0MN, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG0MN

KG0MN Ham Member QRZ Page

When I told him I would accept the first choice he immediately changed his mind and say he won't honor it. If you think you see the problem please tell me what it is, other than I an getting screwed.

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

If he won't honor his deal, you don't have much recourse, other than to take him to civil court, and advertise how rotten of a deal you ended up getting from him. I don't understand how he thinks he should profit from your misfortune, without forwarding the money to do the repairs on your amplifier. He got all the money owed to him, now he has the money that you need to make repairs. He is just taking advantage of the situation, which is too bad, but not unheard of.

If the guy sells a lot of stuff, you might start a thread warning others of this person. Of course, that ensures that you will never get a dime from him. If I was selling things, I would not want a buyer posting bad reviews about me, especially if what you are saying is true, and it is only a matter of a few dollars that I could easily send, and not affect me in the least. But that is just me, other have different ideas.

N3AB likes this.
  3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there any chance Paypal will not do anything is because you used Paypal Friends & Family to pay the guy? Just Curious.

John, WB0MPB

4. KG0MN

I did not use Friends and family since it leaves you no options. PayPal refused to do anything nor will they tell me what all he claimed. I did ascertain that he told them I had buggered it up when I replaced the meter in it. Even a monkey can remove to nuts from the back of the meter and the 4 nuts that hold the meter in place, How that is screwing up the amp is beyond me. I also took the broken function switch out and replaced it with the identical switch for a Heathkit signal tracer. I have contacted a lawyer to see what options I have an he told me there me some avenues to get some money out of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. W7TRD

W7TRD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Purchasing used equipment online. it has it's risks....

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. WB0MPB

Good deal. I figured you had not used F&F. You sounded wiser then that for sure. So (maybe I missed this from above) but what has Paypal done up to this point on your dispute you filed with Paypal. I have always had good luck with disputes I have filled. I feel so bad for you for all you are having to go thru from the seller and shipper and Paypal. It sucks.

John, WB0MPB

And those amps are so nice. It was the first and only amp I have every used. It was part of school club station.

7. KG0MN

I contacted PayPal and explained the situation to them and they in turn spoke to the seller who must of told them some things that were not true. PayPal refused to tell me what he claimed and refused to take any action. I told them he had my payment to him and also had the money for the FedEx claim and it made no difference.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). We understand the item associated with this case has been altered while in your possession. Because of this, we are unable to determine whether the item is significantly different than originally described, and we are unable to grant your claim.

He claimed since I had replaced the meter and the switch I had altered the amp. What a bunch of BS.!

8. WB0MPB

That seller must have really told a tall tail to Paypal because I would not expect that reply from Paypal. So this is what I understand. The guy has the money from you and the money from insurance. So he got paid twice and stole from you. I think you should share more info on who this guy is. Is he a ham? If so what is his call and name? I would not want to buy from someone that would do that to you.

John, WB0MPB

9. KG0MN

His name is Dave Leisman and his call is - W8QW When he really began to act like a jerk was when I contacted PayPal for the money and he accused me of getting greedy. He he figured that is beyond me. As I said he claims I tampered with the amp. I attempted to repair it after I told him on April 22, I would keep it.

Here are the options he gave me.
    1. You can keep the rig and accept this settlement, which I can either send to you in the form of a Cashier's Check or I can send it to you via your Paypal account (you would be responsible for the 3.5% service fee), or,

2. You can return the rig to me and I will pay you not only the Fedex settlement but the difference between the settlement and what you paid for the rig($37.25), essentially making you whole. If you return the rig to me, it would be at your cost. Also, please remember I expect to have the three pole single throw .

(Note I paid him for the switch) and he still refused to send the money.)

My reply to him sent the same day:

April 22,2019
    Make it number 1 and just send it to my PayPal account.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  10. WB0MPB

I do not understand what his problem is. He has been a ham for years. But I guess that and age does not always make you an honest person.
    Good luck to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.