ad: chuckmartin

Technician 10 meter sked?

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KB3SVB, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB3SVB

KB3SVB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a new ham still looking for my first QSO. Are there any other new hams, or seasoned elmers out there, that are up for a sked?

2. KD5ZEW

KD5ZEW Ham Member QRZ Page

you picked a fairly dead band to try ur first QSO on. you looking for your first HF QSO, or first QSO period? 2 meters is always a good place to start out, lots of elmers and it's easy to operate on. Might try 146.52 or google for local repeaters ( assuming you have a 2 meter rig)

EDIT: due to less than great propagtion 10 meters is very hit or miss right now, it's always worth dropping a CQ out there, but propagation will probly be spotty till the solar cycle picks up.

3. W2GSJ

W2GSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

its a long shot, and more than likely wont work,, but im sitting on 28.400 usb listening for ya,,,,,

4. W2GSJ

W2GSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

listened just under an hour.

neg contact, hear some stations just below the floor noise. at around 1315 or so i did copy a loud station just long enough to hear cq x3 then drop out

5. KB3SVB

I'd try out 2 meters if I hadn't spent my "allowance" on my HF rig. I don't have a radio to get on 2 meters right now.

I'll give it another shot on 28.400 at 1800 UTC.

6. KD5ZEW

KD5ZEW Ham Member QRZ Page

well if you have the HF rig sounds like you need a shiny general or extra ticket, 20 and 40 meters are a blast. Study while you are listening to the hiss and crackle of 10 meters. What kind of rig did you get?

7. KE5YUM

KE5YUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you considered learning morse code? 5 wpm is not hard to master, and simple, straight key is affordable. You can be on 40 meters as a tech using Morse Code while waiting for the band conditions to improve on 10. Just a thought.

8. KB3SVB

That's exactly what I've been doing. The Technician test was pretty easy, but some of the circuit calculations in the general book are a stretch for me. I'm probably end up just memorizing some of those.

I got a Icom 718 (100 watts) and a Buckmaster off-center fed dipole. My SWR look good I think. Maybe 1.25 at 100 watts on 10 meters.

9. KB3SVB

I started looking at CW today. I'll spend a little time on it but I think I'll focus on my general test first, then morse.

10. N5YEN

N5YEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Steve,
    I wish you the best, there is no way I would be able to hear you or vice versa with conditions like they are. It would be 22:30 UTC before I could even try. Hope you get a contact today - just keep calling CQ someone will hear you eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.