TE Systems problems

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC8GTR, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here , hard to fallow multiple threads .
    Seems like your posting till you find agreement ?
    " Just the facts ma'am " :) in one post .

2. KC8GTR

KC8GTR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello ,
    I'm in the market for the OM Power brand amplifier for 2 meters .
    Array Solutions has a good selection of the best quality amps .
    They don't stock the Acom 6 meter only mono band amp but will order it for me at no extra charge .
    I'm done buying these Texas Stars......ooops...I meant TE Systems garbage .

3. KC8GTR

Hello ,
    How did you feel when credit card banks imposed on everybody , you included , the NO USE FEE ?
    Did that around 2008 ~2009 .
    What a complete rip....charge you a fee because you did not use your card enough !!!
    Is this what you are defending ?
    Do you suffer from memory loss ?
    Took an act of U.S. congress to pass a law to put a stop to that .
    Once in awhile consumers get a break .
    Now you know why I don't trust other businesses who are trying real hard to get between my money and the seller(s) .

FYI , It is irritating and frustrating being at the store , standing in the check out line waiting on YOU holding up the whole line because your stupid card does not work .
    Where is the convenience now ?
    Wasting my time while you fight and fiddle with your card , watching you swipe it over and over then WAIT SOME MORE while the store manager tries to figure what the prob is .
    This happens every single day in this country and I am so fed up with it .
    I'll bet my pension check that YOU have held up other people because your stupid card didn't work .
    I don't care if it was the store problems , card machine problems , bank problems....I still have to wait on you .
    Come on people , there is no shame to admit there are serious flaws with these " credit " schemes .
    Credit cards are number #2 the most filed complaints with the FTC .
    Until credit cards are 100% free from problems , I might consider getting one .
    Meanwhile I have to deal with thieving American business like TE Systems .
    Let the flame wars begin .

4. KC8GTR

That is a really good question .
    I'm thinking of hiring an attorney to help write up a LOAN contract with TE Systems .
    I did not authorize TE Systems to hold my money for more than 30 days , so now that money is a LOAN .
    TE Systems holding onto my [ promised refund ] money for no obvious , legal reason has now morphed into a un-authorised loan .
    I am losing money because my $1,000 they are holding is not in my bank account earning interest .
    Is TE Systems earning interest in their bank account on my money ??
    That is illegal , not paying back a loan , earning interest on other peoples money ect...
    And....defaulting on a loan falls under a different set of government agencies that do not like thieves .
    Government does not like the competition hi hi .
    Sounds like a plan that I should pursue .
    TE Systems changed his mind about refunding my money , using his logic , I can change my mind too .

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

@KC8GTR please tone it down. You've made your point - over and over - no need to turn it into a shouting match.

Just update us on the outcome - but your point has been made.

Dave
    W7UUU

KP4SX, KM4FVI and N3AB like this.
  6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you. Now please shut it down.

7. KC8GTR

Hello ,
    Thanks for keeping watch .
    I am responsible for my posting and if I need to tone it down , then I will .
    This is my first foray into posting stuff on forums and have to learn how it goes .
    Onward and forward .

W7UUU likes this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No problem - just keep it chill and when you get a "final outcome" feel free to update.

Good luck

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AB likes this.
  9. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Modern chip type credit cards run through very fast, assuming the card is good and the person has credit left. I use mine several times a day, and from the time I insert the card until the time it says "Remove Card", it is typically less than 10 seconds, but it does depend somewhat on the store. But it takes the cashier more than 10 seconds to make change for someone paying in cash, and sometimes they have to examine the currency, or have a manager examine and OK it, due to rampant counterfeiting. All of that takes time too. Any system can fail, so CC will never be 100% free of problems (nothing will). But there are a lot of guarantees and benefits associated with using a CC, including "cash back" for purchases.

A CC is like any financial tool, it can be a boon or a bust, depending on how you use it. Many of us pay off the CC each month (or more often) and avoid ALL fees and interest. The CC companies have a name for people who do this, we are called "deadbeats" (or "transactors") because the CC companies make no money off of us, but we do cost them money. If you get an average of 2% cash back on a CC, and you spend $1000 a month (many people spend more than that, and some cash back is a higher percent than that), that is $20 that the CC company just paid you to use their card. I think it is great to get this kind of money back, since companies offering cash discounts are shrinking. Many CC's have no annual fees and you don't pay any additional fees if you pay it off on time, and for the full amount due. So the cost to you is "zero", it takes less time to check out, you get fraud and other protection included, AND they give you money back. What's not to like?

On the other hand, if you carry a balance, you may be paying 15-29% interest (or more, maybe), and if you don't pay at least the minimum on time, you get hit with a late payment fee, which can be substantial. It is these folks that subsidize the "deadbeats" (like me), and where the CC companies make their money. You get to pick which category you want to be in. I'll continue to be a deadbeat. There will always be enough people willing to pay the fees to keep me in a credit card, at no cost to me, and with many benefits.

[​IMG]

10. KC8GTR

What does any of this have to do with my original post anyways ?
    I promised the moderator I'll behave myself and try to stay on message .
    Sorry .
    All those benefits sound great , all those behind the scenes , sneaky , spying tactics really turns me off .

Call me paranoid but I have a problem with spying , tracking , targeting , selling of my personal data WITH OUT COMPENSATION TO ME .
    Did you know this very exact web page has 14 trackers engaged right now ???
    Google tracker , double click , site analysis , facebook , to name a few .
    What does facebook have to do with amateur radio ?
    I use ghostery ad blocker plugin to block all those trackers , data collectors and whatever else those sneaky buzzards can think of .
    BUT...it does not stop there , your info passes onto to many hands and who knows who is watching you , collecting and cataloging your personal buying habit info without your consent ...without compensation to you .
    Pay me if you want to spy on me , simple as that .
    That my friends is called capitalism .
    I want in on the money gravy train .

Did you know CC's banks charge a fee to stores / retailers for the privilege of accepting CC's . ?
    The store pass those fees onto you , folded into their everyday prices .
    You , thru higher inflated prices , are giving the CC's banks free money .
    Then the CC's banks give back your money disguised as awards / cashback / bribes while pretending they actually did something for you .
    You're just getting you own money back after they touched it for awhile .

Moreover... CC's banks track your purchases , sells that info to the same store you were at that day so they can raise their prices more because now they know you need something and will be back for more .

I am aware most web sites generate a goodly amount of revenue by selling your info to these predators .
    Keeps website like this one going by paying for the server rental .
    Sure would be nice if websites display in large , clear language on the front / home page there is spyware in use .

I would like to help out QRZed with a donation , unfortunately I don't do credit cards .
    Whose fault is that now ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.