ad: M2Ant-1

TE Systems problems

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC8GTR, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

You didn't use a credit card with (free) fraud protection.

2. KC8GTR

KC8GTR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So are you defending TE Systems right to steal from out-of-state customers ?
    You are so kind .
    Can I use your credit card ?
    You can absorb all the risks , loses , ID thefts , low credit score , higher than normal insurance rates because you are so wealthy .
    Meanwhile ....I am free of debt and got money that I can use without the fees and charges .
    Meanwhile I am enjoying the lowest auto insurance premium rate , no mortgage , no car loans , no bills other than cell phone , propane and electric .
    I'm always the life of the social gatherings , people notice I use cash all the time .
    Credit score , if it really matters to me , is in the upper 750 range .
    I don't care about that .
    Don't need any loan because I can afford anything I need or want .
    If I need more cash , I have the discipline and the will power to save up for it .
    I think that is called having a budget .
    America , the land that used be .
    Oh...I'm sorry.....America the land of the fees .

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

You are complaining you got ripped off, and then you complain that the protection most of us use to protect ourselves from this sort of thing (a credit card) is a ripoff. It works for me, and has protected me in the past.

Not sure what being or dealing with an American has to do with it - dishonesty and crime are not unknown here.

4. KC8GTR

Forgot to ask....how big of out standing balance do you have to carry for all those great features ?
    I have read several credit card contracts and proud to have the ability to comprehend what I read .
    Got to have out standing balances , got to jump thru hoops to evoke some if not most of those features you wrote about .
    In other words , they play games with your money .
    No thank you .

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You don't need to carry any credit card balance at all to get "cash back" rewards and consumer protection benefits.

It is difficult to read all the "fine print," and they sure come with a lot of fine print.

I have several cards, never carry any balance more than 30 days which means never paying any interest (they all start charging interest after 30 days) and one I just picked up a year ago or so was the Amazon card. It's actually administrated by Chase Bank (at least, mine is), but run by Amazon rules and is pretty amazing. No need to carry any balance to receive benefits, which include Amazon credits every time you use the card (not just buying from Amazon, but also at restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, car rentals, pretty much anything) and the credits build so quickly I don't even notice them until I go to buy something new from Amazon and find out it's "free," because I had so many points they just covered the entire purchase price.

That just happened last week. My XYL wanted to send a DVD/BluRay player/recorder to her sister in the Philippines, so rather than go to Best Buy or whatever, I looked on Amazon and found a SONY model that's the same as one we have here at home. It was $149, I think. So, I went to "check out" and noted they showed price = $149; "free shipping;" and "cost" = $0.00. So, it was free. Because I had that many Amazon points.

I've never paid a dime in interest.

WD4IGX likes this.
  6. KC8GTR

Hello ,
    I'm glad it is working out for you .
    Call me old school , but cash works good for me .
    I am aware there are time when cc's are the only safe method .
    I've done field service work ( robot programmer ) and I was given a company card and a car to use as needed .
    When the owners sold out to Comau , they new guys stopped the company card thing and required field service techs to use their own cards .
    Comau gets to decide / control when to reimburse for our field service incurred expenses .
    Needless to say that was the day I stopped doing field service runs .
    Boy were they mad !
    There was no way they can get me to buckle under and get a card , even threatening to fire me .
    Field service jobs are all voluntary and since I don't do credit cards....I got to spend more time at home with my 2 boys .
    I retired ( back probs ) since then and really don't care anymore .
    BUT...I am still subjected to being gouged every time I go to the store and they refuse to give me a cash discount .
    Gas stations offer cash only discounts so there is a itsy bitsy break once in awhile .
    So while you are enjoying your freebies , please think about folks like me who are paying for those freebies .
    With all the deadbeats and bankruptcies making my world more expensive , I'm still paying regardless .
    So the very limited use and the risks of having a card and the liability just isn't worth it to me .
    There is only one true currency , the good old American greenback .
    Credit card companies are trying their darn hardest to change that !
    So is Bit Coin , PayPal , ApplePay and the whole bunch of them .

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

back to the original subject, If I may.

What do you plan on doing now ?

KS4W likes this.
  8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

KM4FVI likes this.
  9. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been trying to tell my dad this for decades.

Like others, I have a card I use for EVERYTHING. I pay it off more than every month, I make a payment in full every two weeks when I get paid (helps your FICO because they report just before the close of the billing cycle.)

It's not just for buying protection. I also get between 1% and 5% cash back depending on what I spend it on. Considering I typically (I use it for everything, as I said) spend a couple of thousand a month on it that's between $20 and $100 a month free money for the taking.

Credit cards are great if properly handled. Like fire, firearms, cars, many things that are very good they can also be hazardous if mishandled. So don't mishandle then.

N0TZU and KV6O like this.
  10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Zero.

I have NEVER seen terms on any card that required carrying a balance to get any features (other than features that apply to such a balance, like a low rate for some period of time.) I have (thinks and counts....) four active general use credit cards (of which I use one most of the time) and not ONE has such a requirement.

N0TZU likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.