Talk me out of this

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N8FVJ, Nov 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Almost too subtle. :D

2. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mark II

3. N8FVJ

I won it, had to pay $360 though. The power supply & transceiver electrolytic capacitors were replaced and the out of tolerance resistors are new. Also computer color match cases with new paint. I guess the extra work worth $100. The seller also has a beautiful NCX-200 and will be listing a NCX-3 and NCX-500 on ebay.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats! Enjoy!

Once you get it, maybe we can have a sked... your vintage National working my vintage ASR-1.

5. N8FVJ

That sounds good.

6. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow. I have no idea of what is going on. Both of my tablets have issues this morning. My Samsung Tab A won't turn on. The keypad on my old Nexus 7 shows only about 1/4 screen, and puts out gibberish when I type on it.

I'm afraid something bad happened to both of them last night when I was trying to get a couple of my RTLSDR dongles working on the tablets. I bought a new "powered" USB 3.0 hub yesterday afternoon, and I installed a couple of Android SDR programs on both of them.

Dave -- can you erase whatever that is that I posted? This is both crazy and embarrassing. I'm sending this from my desktop computer.

Thanks.
    Ken

7. N8FVJ

BTW- the only other tube gear I would want in a transceiver is working Drake TR-4CW RIT, NB & PS ($800+), working Collins KWM-2A (over $1K with PS), working Hallicrafters Cyclone 400 ($600+) or perhaps a working Heathkit SB-101 ($275 no power supply). The $360 National NCX-5 MKII is equal in price for a clean working SB-101 with power supply.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  8. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Vintage gear is awesome. Get it and enjoy it!

9. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

10. N8FVJ

We previously talked about this. I am a sucker for vintage gear.