Taking my exam(s) tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by K1AHB, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just to pass this on:

Since there has been so many changes to QRZ and to the forums, we that work the DX Helper desk decided (well talked our supervisor into it) to update the DX Helper Sticky's area. We have been working on condensing all of them down into one simple FAQ. Hopefully this should be proofed and posted by the end of this week or next.

Now if everyone would read the sticky's before they post or ask a question, QRZ would run much smoother.

2. KC5JIM

KC5JIM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations!

3. KF5GWM

KF5GWM Ham Member QRZ Page

How long does it take to get your call sign? Taking the test tomorrow evening and got a new radio on the way.:confused:

4. N1DE

N1DE Ham Member QRZ Page

took less than a week to get mine.

5. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

At times, it takes few days, 5 days, a week, maybe more depends on how busy the FCC people are when receiving the exam test from the examiners and updating the FCC ULS database then sending the information to the QRZ database. Keep in mind as well, once you see your callsign in the FCC ULS database please wait till your callsign show's up on the QRZ database then post a thread in the DX Helper area, saying please change user i/d or something among those lines.

- Jamie (N4CYA)

6. K1AHB

K1AHB Ham Member QRZ Page

I was told that it may be posted as early as Wednesday, I took the test Saturday at ARRL headquarters.

7. K1AHB

K1AHB Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked just after lunch on Tuesday, May 11th after taking my exams on Saturday May 8th and the FCC has me listed in the database as KB1UFW.

:D

I assume QRZ will have tomorrow or Friday and I'll be all up to date.

KB1UFW

8. KC5AKB

KC5AKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrat's
    Ric

9. IK2RGT

IK2RGT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Jamie,
    I pass the Technician exam in a local session here in Italy on Sept 11th, 2010.
    Could you gime me the link of the ULS database to see my US callsign?
    Thanks, Manny, IK2RGT

10. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.