Taking 2 weeks to get icom 5100

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KI5GLO, Oct 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KI5GLO

KI5GLO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's been over two weeks and still no icom 5100 I ordered on the online auction in the mail.

2. KI5GLO

Any suggestions ?

3. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

First suggestion is we need more information before we can give any kind of informed response.
    What auction, do you have a link?
    What actions, if any, have you taken so far?

KS4W likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Contact the seller.

With all the info you provided, There will be no good answer here. o_O

KS4W likes this.
  5. M6AGL

M6AGL Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have paid using Paypal you should be covered for thr whole amount, or by credit card sometimes you are covered, other than that contact the seller and then the website as there may also be buyer protection there.
    Try and ask for tracking information or what courier they are using.

Failing that try and get their address and look it up on google, trace phone numbers etc and try and talk to the person who sold it.

6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Does the "online auction" you speak of have anything to do with the WANTED ad you ran for a 5100?

ND6M, KS4W and WR2E like this.
  7. KW0FRE

KW0FRE Ham Member QRZ Page

They always have exactly what you're looking for.

ND6M likes this.
  8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

KI5GLO hasn't been back since posting. Fearing he was victim of a scammer, in which case he can describe the full situation and warn others not to fall for it. But hope I am wrong and he returns to say everything is good & it just took longer than he expected.

9. KI5GLO

I checked the mail today and the 5100 is still not here. They emailed me saying they sent it on October 15th via USPS. I ordered it over two weeks ago after I posted an ICOM 5100 wanted and they replied by email to me. I emailed them again on the 22nd and they responded saying it was sent via USPS.

10. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Who is "they"?
    Did you get a tracking number? If it was actually shipped by USPS there has to be a tracking number, if they refuse to provide one that is a red flag that it probably wasn't shipped.

KA2FIR likes this.