TA33JR TRAPS

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by VE3PP, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
  1. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a TA33JR that has a badly damaged director element.

The rest of the beam is in good shape. However I would like to put this antenna up with a director and driven element.

Can the reflector traps be used in place of the director traps if I shorten the reflector element down to the length of the director?

Or will the reflector traps not work properly as a director element, even when making the overall length of the element the same as the original director?

I am thinking it will not work properly but wanted to ask the experts.

Thanks

2. KG0MN

KG0MN Ham Member QRZ Page

Your are correct it will not work because the windings on the coils will be different. My advice is two-fold, first post a message on QTH.com and ask if anyone has the parts you need and if that fails contact Mosley Direct and check on what the parts will cost. I just sent Mosley an email yesterday asking for part on my TA-33 with 40-meter rotatable dipole. Their parts email address is mosley@mosley-electronics.com

Good Luck and 73
    Kevin - KG0MN
    Saint Paul, MN

3. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I figured Kevin. I do have the director traps and element ends that they are attached to. So what I will do is modify the reflector element which has bigger tubing to work with those small diameter element tips from the director.

I had it up before with the reflector on it, but I want to put up the director for more gain. Where I have the beam located if I use only 2 elements I do not have the boom hanging over my property line if I rest the beam in one direction.

Thanks for your help.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.