#t_bio.biodiv

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by 2E0LIG, Dec 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. 2E0LIG

2E0LIG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I keep trying to alter the "#t_bio.biodiv" in my custom CSS but everytime I submit it it keeps egnoring my custom "#t_bio.biodiv" CSS and re inputting this line at the bottom of the css file.

#t_bio.biodiv {background-color:#FFFFFF}

How do I alter this without it automatically re adding that crap line at the bottom of the CSS file

2. 2E0LIG

I am trying to make it look like this.

#t_bio.biodiv {
    background-color: #f2f5f7;
    border: 2px solid #6699cc;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    }

Very annoying when the CSS editor keeps adding back at the bottom off your CSS file this crap.

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Few issue with your CSS :

1. You can add line
    BEFORE your custom CSS - you already do it .

2. You can set background color in line #t_bio.biodiv {background-color:#FFFFFF} as {background-color:#ebf5fc} and all other CSS in other lines
    #t_bio.biodiv { .........}

3. Right now you use #t_bio.diodiv.dl8gbs {...} - what is it?? It will not work .

4. 2E0LIG

Hi that is the class that qrz automatically assigns to the bio div I was just testing my code yesterday.

<div id="t_bio" style="padding: 1em 1.4em;font-family: Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 1.1em;" class="biodiv dl8gbs">

5. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you have a trouble with some rubbish CSS I can re-set your CSS (or all page) - but you have to do a backup copy (copy CSS and HTML and save as text file) . biodiv dl8gbs - is not normal .
    And again in last line you have //#t_bio.biodiv {background-color:#FFFFFF} , so your bacground will white, and it cancel all background colors which you edit in first line of CSS. All extra signs (like two times stroke //) need to remove .

6. 2E0LIG

Hi Vlad
    Yes this line //#t_bio.biodiv {background-color:#FFFFFF} is a commented line (//) CSS Ignores Commented Lines of CSS.

I had to do this because if I remove that line from the CSS, even if I alter that line with any code other than background colour, then everytime I click save in the css editor, it just adds that line back to the CSS at the bottom of the file, what my OP was about in the first place.
    So adding the comment to the beginning of the line // stops it automatically getting added back when I click SAVE

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019