ad: Schulman-1

T30UN - Western Kiribati

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by MM0NDX, Mar 15, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. MM0NDX

Upcoming T30UN Western Kiribati DXpedition accepted for DXCC. LoTW certificate received.

NT9W likes this.
  3. MM0NDX

4. MM0NDX

5. MM0NDX

6. MM0NDX

7. MM0NDX

8. MM0NDX

9. MM0NDX

PICS:

t30un_1.jpg t30un_4.jpg

10. MM0NDX

T30UN:

"42deg C. 100% humidity. No wind 5 stations working. 3 generators exposed to massive heat. Radios and laptops should survive this WX condition. Hoping amplifiers will stay alive for 5 weeks. Partial log from today on Club Log."

11. NT9W

NT9W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT THEY ARE RUNNING FOX & HOUND?

Their page says Fox & Hound, but some spot comments are saying MSHV. All I know is that they've sent me a signal report on both 10M and 30M, then hound mode dropped me to their frequency so that I could give their signal report, then nothing! Hound mode changed my frequency again and my signal report went unanswered again. Neither time did I receive an RR73.

If they are running MSHV, then my signal would remain where they first heard me, instead of dropping down to their frequency. Thoughts?

12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

At least as of an hour ago, they were indeed on F/H mode on 20m (14.090) and I worked them - and received my "RR73"

It wasn't a cakewalk like most who have never actually used FT8 will profess... I've been trying to work them for several days and today it was almost 3 hours before I made it.

Dave
    W7UUU

Coincidentally enough, kind soul Mike @M0AGP happened to email me his "SWL Report" from my QSO with T30UN just an hour ago!! Thanks Mike! :)

Here's his SWL report image:

73.png

M0AGP likes this.
  13. NT9W

NT9W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I did the same thing for a local guy!

I recognized the call sign and saw him get the RR73. He kept calling and ended up starting from scratch and sending his grid again. I texted a screen shot to a friend of his, who forwarded it on to him.

I wonder if people calling T30UN on their TX frequency is causing QRM and prohibiting people from getting their RR73. I've personally seen stations sending their grids on the actual fox frequency! In my quest for T30UN, I've seen more people than I can count who did NOT get an RR73 and kept sending their signal report for a long time.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    M0AGP and W7UUU like this.
  14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I'm sure much of the angst is just unfamiliarity with F/H mode for a lot of hams. Even seasoned FT8 users I've talked to have been a little daunted in getting F/H set up and working - and "you don't know it's working until it works" - so if you DON'T have things set right, you can spend hours calling with no results but not be sure if it's your setup or just the pileup on the receiving end!

This morning I did see a couple of stations who thought the call sign was T3OUN ("Oh" instead of "zero") and they certainly won't get anywhere either :)

But I did receive my RR73 in WSJT-X no problem. It was just very nice of Mike @M0AGP to think to send along his capture of it as well, all the way from the UK!

Dave
    W7UUU

M0AGP and NT9W like this.
  15. K5YDD

K5YDD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just not have had good luck... they go from +02 single stream to -20 when they go to three. This again is the case on 17m just now.