ad: M2Ant-1

T10VB Transnistria

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

ALot of activity from UA4WHX in this one. ARRL says it counts for Moldavia, but Vlad wants it declared a NEW COUNTRY as Transnitria.

Wonder if this will ever come about?

I have heard the pileups but no copy on him in SoCal. I know, WORK FIRST, WORRY LATER!

2. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Whatever happens, it wont be retroactively awarded status. Since its not an official call, I think that makes it a pirate unless Moldavia granted the license.

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Where did you read that the ARRL will count T10 prefix as Moldova? T10 self-proclaimed prefix, license issued by the local government is not the reason for which this work can be considered legitimate.
    Look to thread that opened by Vlad below, in which he describes his views on the new criteria for DXCC - one of the countries that he would like to see in the DXCC is Transnistria.
    However, he did not answer to the questions that was asked him on the forum - taking a wait and see attitude. If he was so sure he is right, he cited the more detailed arguments - which unfortunately is not. All times he replying “The rest I will explain later..” All DX community is waiting for it ...

As unlegal callsign T10VB is not in QRZ database , but we have a request about it - http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?403889-T10VB-Transnistria&p=2937687

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

At the moment, Transnistria has the same DXCC status as Sealand and Northern Cyprus and several other areas of the world that are in... shall we say, under a matter of disputed soverignty and/or jurisdiction?

And with all due respect to Vlad, this operation makes one question his real motives in the aforementioned 'new criteria for DXCC' thread (here, on DX World, and on other places as well). Is the real reason to expand DXCC status to some of these areas under dispute to recognize legitimate amateur operators amongst the population... or to provide an ego boost to selected DX'ers who wish to operate from there?

Anyway, based on past precedent, I seriously doubt that Vlad's operation will count for Moldova -- or anything else. In short, work 'em for the novelty, but if you're looking to increase your numbers under the DXCC program, well, don't bother.

5. N7SMI

N7SMI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Has a license been issued by the government of Transnistria for this station? If so, (like the recent Kosovo operations) then there's some legitimacy to the operation, whether the government is fully recognized or not. If Vlad just made it up and started operating, then he's a pirate and doing us all a disservice and it would serve us all well to not work him.

6. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you should just call him on his cell phone.

7. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked him on 20m. He has a good signal.

8. ER1UVL

ER1UVL Ham Member QRZ Page

T10VB is illegal callsign and UA4WHX worked as pirate and separatist! Prefix T10 does not exist. Transnistria is eastern region of Moldova.

9. ER1UVL

ER1UVL Ham Member QRZ Page

What UA4WHX did until today deserves only disrespect and disgusting attitude. He is pirate and separatist!
    By its actions, the individual concerned has defied vile and cynical the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Moldova. He deserves to have his callsign canceled and declared non grata on the teritory of Republic of Moldova.
    He also misled the local hams when it went Moldovan-Russian-Ukrainian expedition which was to operate with special ER0VB callsign. This callsign has been asked by him and local hams requested the callsign from Centre of Radio Frequencies. He came to Moldova without notifying local hams and went to the Dniester. In accordance with Regulation of Amateur Radio Service of Moldova, this individual was required to receive notice of the NSRF and then technical permission from NARECIT and work just as ER/UA4WHX.

10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Vitalie's comments not withstanding... and I'm not disputing him, clearly he has some points to consider...

The bottom line is that Transnistria is not presently recognized as a qualified entity on the DXCC list. It doesn't at present meet the qualifications. Therefore any activity from there will not count for DXCC. Should the status of the region change at some unknown point in the far future, and at that time makes the list... current DXCC rules and precedent indicates that there will be no retroactive recognition of this operation.

If you want to work Vlad (personally, I have no interest in doing so, but that's another story) from this operation, don't expect any confirmation(s) or QSL cards from it to be anything more than a curiousityor novelty. And file them in the same place you file a certain P5RS7 card...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.