ad: w5yi

T connectors on VHF radios

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by N1FMV, Jul 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N1FMV

N1FMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get the T connectors with pigtails on them that are commonly used on VHF/UHF mobile radios. I need both the radio side and power side.thanks

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

4. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KC9DZ builds and sells cables like that. Send him an e-mail.

5. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

For just the power supply ( vehicular ) end with fuses and approx. 14 or 12 AWG color-coded wire:you could also select MFJ-5512 (008410-PC) at approx. $16.95 a few years ago, or MFJ-5535. Ref. www.mfjenterprises.com. I have no financial interest in this MFJ Enterprises, Inc. yet provide the info because folks like alternatives. I would actually prefer to see the author of this post deal with a fellow amateur radio operator, if that works. ( Ref. post #4 above ). BTW- Taiwan is / was a separate nation from China, which is or was considered a 'friend', as well. Overseas manufacturing typically results in overall labor budget savings, yet is a target of the current administration. The plan is to bring selected manufacturing back here, yet that will not happen overnight. This is not a political or policy endorsement nor lack thereof - "That's just the way it is..."

6. N1FMV

N1FMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you everyone for such excellent and useful information. Much appreciated, Frank

7. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

POWERWERX