ad: AlphaRF-1

For Sale Symetrix 628E mic audio processor

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K2CB, Aug 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2CB

K2CB Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For sale:

Symetrix 628 Digital Voice Processor

The Symetrix 628 audio processor is a professional broadcast radio station grade voice processor. Similar to the popular Symetrix 528E, this model improves on that long standing reputation by adding in memory storage for multiple voice personalities (aka memories, so you can store all your settings to a "profile" for easy recall).

Features:

3-band parametric equalizer with fully adjustable frequency, bandwidth, and gain for low, mid, and high points.

Fully adjustable De-Esser to get rid of any high frequency quirks in your voice

Fully adjustable noise gate and downward expander to completely eliminate background noise

Fully adjustable compressor to improve average "talk power"

Fully adjustable output level

128 "memory saves" which save every and all settings above in convenient memory, easily recalled by hitting one button. Should you decide to experiment, and screw up your previous settings, simply recall your saved memory point. In addition, there are 8 factory preset memories for various broadcast profiles, such as sports announcer, FM d-jay, news announcer, etc...

Jumper selectable line-level output or mic-level output audio levels.

Two outputs, so you can connect it to two radios at once.

Built in top-notch mic preamp and selectable phantom voltage for those mics requiring a bias voltage to operate.

This unit is in nice clean shape. The front panel and all knobs are perfect, clean, and grime free. There are some minor scuffs on the top and bottom from when it was installed and removed from a radio station's rack system. Otherwise, the front looks perfect.

The unit is currently configured for mic-level output, and drives an Icom, Kenwood, or Yaesu rig with just the right level. You can change the output level back to LINE level by simply removing the cover and moving a few jumpers.

The noise gate function of this unit is nothing short of incredible. And the audio range of the EQ is limitless, great for Flex or SDR radio audio buffs, and not limited to a top end of 3200Hz like the W2IHY stuff. And the compressor greatly improves your average talk power, and much cleaner than most internal radio compressors. I wont knock the W2IHY stuff, as I own it also, and it works well, but why spend close to $700 for an EQ Plus and 8-Band EQ, when you can have this commercial grade RF proof unit for less. Symetrix is the industry leader, ask any radio station engineer! Just look at the internal photo to see the construction quality of this unit.

See this link for the operators manual: http://www.symetrixaudio.com/kb/628_ug.pdf

More great info on this unit: http://www.symetrix.co/faq-category/628-digital-voice-processor/

The earlier 528E model, which does not have presets and memories, and requires you to remember your settings each time you want to change your audio characteristics. With this more advanced 628 model, you can save one profile for DX, one for ragchew, and many more, even some for each radio, or operator, in your shack. The 528E units still command good money, upwards of $400 on eBay. This unit is reasonably priced in comparison. And very rare to find. The only reason I am selling it is because I have two units, and over time have found that with the dual outputs, I really only need one unit in my shack.

Price is $525 plus shipping.
    Postal money order, personal check (allow 7-10 days to clear), or Paypal accepted.

Eric
    K2CB
    k2cb@comcast.net
    609-713-3742

symetrix 628 front.jpg symetrix 628 rear.jpg symetrix 628 inside.jpg
    528E A230 r.JPG

2. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.