SWR

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by W9QK, Feb 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N0KTB

N0KTB Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a great article. When I truly started to try and understand SWR and transmission lines, this article helped fill in a lot of the gaps. SWR and transmission line theory was not intuitive at first, but this article helped set the stage for me. Taken in context of the article's purpose, I found it helpful.

From the "what it's worth department", I also purchased the NanoVNA and love it. It's an inexpensive, but useful tool, for experimenting with antennas. I've used mine extensively to set up and tune antennas.

Adam - N0KTB

2. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

I prefer analog. As the MFJ 259 whatever. Only because it’s what I have and I’m not sure how easy to see those digital screens are out in the bright sun while maybe on a ladder or such. I’m old.

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that's been updated. Now it's "Give a man a fish ... and he'll beat you over the head with it and steal your steak".

WG7X and N0KTB like this.
  4. N0KTB

N0KTB Ham Member QRZ Page

You have a point. I have the 4-inch version and it is OK to use outside for looking at an SWR sweep.