ad: ProAudio-1

swinger 205

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KJ4PGE, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K8BEC,
    Please don't take the discussions here personally, but rather as a learning opportunity.

You obviously have an interest in amplifiers and performance. There are dozens of good amplifier designs published in QST and the ARRL Handbooks over the last 60 years. Use your Swinger as the core to build a clean efficient amplifier that you can be proud of, while increasing your knowledge.

73, Bill

2. NU8J

NU8J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you meant KJ4PGE not K8BEC:D
    Don't worry though I don't take anything personal...hihi

3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, good you understand. Then I guess you also won't mind when I say your mouthwash ain't cutting it! :p

4. KJ4PGE

KJ4PGE Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you for the info the use of it will be dismissed and probly start looking into either selling off the tubes and what not or begin a new project lol. i thought it was rather odd to not find any info on it but with what everyone said it was designed for 11m use and disguised as 10m equipment that explains it enough right there. i started into the hobby on 11m and just couldnt take all the jerks and obnoxious people that use it along with the ones running power that would splatter the whole band. rest assured that this ones found its last owner and will be retired. thank you again for all the info really learned alot. im not out anything with getting this amp i got it for free from an older gentleman that said his father had it and passed away.

5. NU8J

NU8J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HI Hi , thats the same thing my wife says to me all the time.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.