Swap meet Picture Question

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W8RID, Mar 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W8RID

W8RID Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Getting ready to put some stuff on the swap meet to clear some space. Printed out all the "Help" info on how to do it.
    Have taken pictures of the items that I want to put out there. In these pictures I included my wooden scrolled call sign.
    In the picture instructions it suggested a hand written card with my call sign on it.
    Will the wooden scrolled call sign be good enough or should I redo the pictures with a card and my call sign on them? Just dont want to put everything out there and have to redo them.

Thanks.

Bob
    W8RID

2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am no one special connected with QRZ but I can say I have been on here I think 3 years and have seen it done many many times. Yes it seems a hand written call sign is the best but IMO if you have it all done with your wooden call in the pictures you should be good to go since moderators let people do it all the time.
    So that is my 2 cents. Good luck to you and I hope your sell goes well. I have had really good luck selling on here.

John, WB0MPB

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That will be just fine. Or just write it on a slip of paper. The purpose of the rule is to pretty much PROVE YOU HAVE THE THING YOU'RE SELLING. If you don't actually have the thing, there's no way your call sign could be in the same photo. That's why "photoshopped" call signs are not allowed - anyone can add anything to a photo that way - it doesn't prove they are in possession of the item for sale.

And don't forget: You can list as many items as you want in a single ad thread but you can only have three ad threads in a 7-day period!

:)

Dave
    W7UUU