Swap 440 Mhz band for the CB band?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by NY3V, Mar 30, 2011.

?

Should the FCC Trade our 440 Mhz band for the CB 11 meter band?

1. YES

26.5%
  2. NO

73.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think: "Keep drinking the Kool Aid."

2. VK2FAIL

VK2FAIL Guest

Honestly? Think outside of the US for a second, it is not just the USA that has the 40channel segmented 11metre band. Even if this where to happen, the cb ops would still continue using 11metres. Kicking them off this band would just mean they would illegally operate elsewhere in the HF bands for their dx purposes. Btw, Australia and nz have allocations in the UHF band at 63cm, there is very little oob txing there. Although the repeaters are almost never useable because of carrier droppers alot of the time using modified 70cm Amps.

My2c
    Jim

3. AG6JU

AG6JU Ham Member QRZ Page

since we have much more FRS user and CB radio user than HAM, they probably have larger voice, probably FRS and CB manufacture's total sale is more than HAM radio sales.

4. KC8IKW

KC8IKW Guest

i dont want the cb band just leave it alone as it is it is all trashed up with echo box junk radios and roger beeps and bunch of other junk i should not need to say any more ps i seen a driver as i am one of this clown put 1400.00 in to a cb plus the cost of the cb mmmmmmm theres is some thing wrong with that. i had asked him why did you put so much money in to a cb. he said it makes him feel important to look at the noise toys on the radio 73s to all from kc8ikw joseph m. strauss

5. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No thanks, you can have you r11 meter band if you want it. Go buy a CB and have fun.

It would simply become a dog and pony show on that band. Oh wait, it already is.

The FCC would not be able to police it if it was an amateur band, they can not police what we have now.

The band would be filled with echo mics, roger beeps, Dave Made amps and idiots. So what would the point be for an licensed amateur to operate there?

It's bad enough now that we hear boot leg CB'ers on the bottom of ten meters. Plus as stated above what about the other countries in the world? Are they going to change their regulations? Canada alone would cause enough problems on 11 meters if our regs did not change.

Like I said, if you want to use 11 meters go buy yourself a nice President Jackson, or maybe now there is a President Obama CB and go to town.

6. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you been smoking something or what?
    You would never be able to run off the CB’ers. It would be nice to have 27 to 29.7 continues coverage. But 10 meters is pretty much dead space except during peak cycles. There would be no reason to do it.

Now expanding 20 meters, now that would be great. :D

7. AG6JU

AG6JU Ham Member QRZ Page

I was listening to CB CH 16, in CA. CH 16 is calling channel like CH 19 of other place in US. after dark, when skip is not bad, CB band become very quiet, I think it makes very good local communication band. and CB antenna and Radio are much cheaper, and does not require expensive low loss coax as it does on 440 MHz. I think the problem on CB is when skip start happening, it become unusable. I think professional truck driver probably like 440 MHz FM band better, since there is less interference. many truck driver spend thousand of dollar for illegal amplifier, for 440 MHz there is not much advantage of having kW amplifier, so there will be less likely they would use illegal amplifier on 440 MHz. my opinion of CB band is , should be between 50 to 200 MHz

8. K3DAV

K3DAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Leave 11 meters alone. CB'ers are happy with their illegal radios and dirty linears. If you kick them off 11 meters, they will all get HF radios, have the mars/cap conversions done so they can TX anywhere, and they will start bugging us on the rest of our bands.

It's kind of nice knowing they are fenced in between 26 and 28 MHz for their illegal crap and noise maker echo mics. Let them stay there.

9. W8GP

W8GP Ham Member QRZ Page

11 meters is worthless, it would take a generation to get rid of it's present occupants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.