Swan mark 2 power supply

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KL0MP, Jun 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KL0MP

KL0MP Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be replacing the HV relay and was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be a good choice for the job.Thnks.

2. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you have the mercury or P&B contact relay? They supplied both at different times.

3. KL0MP

mine has the mercury relay

4. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, I have never seen one of the mercury relays fail, It's common with the P&B contact relay. Not sure other than a NOS one what to use but you should be able to use the model number and find one on E-Bay. The P&B's are usually available NOS on EBay and you could always replace with one of those. Let me know if you need the model number of the P&B that was used as I have it in my file.

5. KL0MP

yes thank you,im not really sure whitch one it is it kinda sounds like its the relay in the rf unit .I get a buzzing sound after i have used it for a while then after more time it will stop keying up at all and just make a buzzing sound ,I seperated the power supply farther away from the rf unit and im almost sure its the relay at the output ,I have looked many different places for that relay no luck the one that is in my unit is a Kurmelec 253C33 .this amp has never had any work done on it or any parts replaced ,im sure that is the relay it came with from the factory do you have a part number for a replacement for that relay ?