Swan 350 Problems

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VE3YFB, Jun 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VE3YFB

VE3YFB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there anyone out there that might be able to steer me in the right direction to solve a problem with my Swan350, ? The unit switches on fine, all lights on and when I first got it I could tune up and down and hear stations and also seemed to tx ok. Then it started to get a bit erratic, When I switch on again, came on ok , I could hear stations but when I moved the AF Gain up and down the reception would stop, that happened with the AF gain and also the rf gain control. At this time it still switches on but no reception, Can you steer me in the right direction to look for my problem,
    Regards
    VE3YFB

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I assume you have the OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE MANUAL, which contains the following guide that includes test point voltages at all the tube sockets...I'd start there:
    swan 350.PNG

KL7KN likes this.
  3. VE3YFB

Many Thanks Steven for your reply and information, really appreciated,
    Winston
    VE3YFB

4. VE3YFB

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There could be any number of reasons for this behavior on the part of the old girl. You can start simply, though: Clean the bandswitch and all tube sockets with Deoxit or similar.

N1VAU likes this.
  6. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Check with the Swan email reflector. They know a heck of a lot about the Swans.