Swains NH8S

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

and it therefore follows that the ARRL DXAC must be comprised of Saints and the qsl bureau the First Temple of David:D.

As the Pharaohs said, "Let it be written" that some people take qsl cards WAY too seriously.:p

2. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

I would have liked to try low bands, but alas, weren't on.

I am remembering the last Swains operation, wasn't that about 2-3 years ago? Or, has time flown by....

3. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Actually, KH8SI was 2006. So, not that long ago. I was surprised another operation so "soon" following the last one. Typically, I have seen much more time lapse between operations.
    Fun, but would have liked it more if they had focused on the low bands more. Another day, another time...

It was fun!

4. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I also worked KH8SI, in 2006, 20m SSB. I have the beautiful QSL to prove it. This time, I had a much better equipment, and antennas. I surprised myself by working them on 80m CW with the HF9V ground mounted vertical and 400W. I didn't think the little 26' vertical would be that efficient on 3.507mHz. Guess the 400W helped, and FB operators at NH8S! I did the Clublog OQRS, which automatically filled in the QSO info for me, nice! Gave them a small donation as well. Those gentlemen did very well, kudos to all involved! :D

5. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't forget about N8S in April 2007.
    They were my first Q with Swains. (20 ph)

Only did phone back then, so I made up for it
    this time with 10, 12 & 17 CW and 40ph.

Sure wanted a digi, but no joy.

6. KK8I

KK8I Ham Member QRZ Page

Everyone in the world...?

Well, I know of several smaller pistol stations from DL who did not get a QSO with them despite trying hard. I was lucky this time but KH8/S is still needed by many folks around here...

73! Uli, DL2HBX

7. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't you mean N8S (April 2007)?

IIRC, KH8SI was prior to Swain's becoming a DXCC entity. N8S however, was after and did count for Swain's.

8. N4FZ

A similar thing happened to me, an extra 20m CW contact was listed, when I only worked them once on 20m CW. But, at the same time, I had worked them on 40m CW, and it wasn't in the log. I later worked them twice on 40 and 80m, just to be sure! ;)

9. WW0W

WW0W Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too, I got an extra 20M CW contact listed the day after my 40M CW contact, but the 40M one never showed up. They're looking into it right now.

10. N4FZ

That happens to the best of us, HiHi. FB DXped, I might add, even with the slight "glitches" in the logs. I am looking forward to receiving my QSL's in a few months! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.