ad: Radclub22-1

SV2RSG/A Mount Athos

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4L5A, Nov 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

2. NT9W

NT9W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did I just work the real Mt. Athos station on 40M FT8 in Fox/Hound mode, or is it a pirate?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Why not check with Monk Iakovos? Could be real could be fake - but the actual operator should be able to tell you I would think

Dave
    W7UUU

KD2UHD likes this.
  4. NT9W

I'm sure if it's really him, he's a little busy. Though they do say that FT8 runs itself. LOL!

I got burned once by a Vatican pirate on 20M SSB, so I'm a little gun shy.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

There's an old saying: "Work first worry later" :)

Good luck - I do hope it's the real deal :)

Dave
    W7UUU

6. NT9W

Just got my Clublog confirmation. :)

KP4SX likes this.
  7. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was also worried that my QSO with Mount Athos was not genuine due to all the stories about pirates using that call. This is an ATNO for me and I did not see my QSO in Clublog after the log was updated with more recent QSO's. I started thinking that it might have been a pirate after all. Thankfully It eventually did show up in Clublog which made me a very happy ham.

Thank you Monk Iakovos!

fyi....my amp is down so I was only using 90 watts with my Hustler 6BTV vertical when I got him.

upload_2021-12-16_10-40-9.png

N4AWP and NT9W like this.
  8. N6PAT

He's back on 14.090 FT8 F/H right now.

9. N4AWP

N4AWP Ham Member QRZ Page

Where did you find the setting for the color scheme you are using? I really like it.
    Art

10. N6PAT

I set it to Dark Mode and then set each color via the Settings menu option and Color tab.

To set to Dark Mode for Windows I set my shortcut properties to:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --stylesheet :/qdarkst

Here are the instructions and link to the documentation:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.2.1.html#DARK_STYLE

4.9. Dark Style
    An optional Dark style is available. To make it effective you will probably want to redefine your color settings.

In Windows or Linux, start the program from a command-prompt window using the following command, or modify the WSJT-X desktop shortcut accordingly:

wsjtx --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

In macOS, enter the following command from a terminal:

open /Applications/wsjtx.app --args -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

11. N4AWP

N4AWP Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks so very much.
    Merry Christmas to you and all.
    73 Art

12. N6PAT

The SV2RSG/A activity on 20 meters was not in Clublog so I was worried that my QSO was actually with a pirate.

I contacted the QSL manager SV1RP and he just responded that the log in Clublog has now been updated and the 20 meter activity was in fact Monk Iakovos.

13. NT9W

Same here. I already had a 40M confirmation, so it wouldn't have been devastating for me, but I was still concerned about piracy nonetheless. I just received my 20M confirmation, so that was a nice Christmas present.