Suspicious email from "Ryan B Ruenholl". (W0NU/KD0FJQ)

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VE6MB, Nov 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

1. - Preferred Method of Contact
      1. Sellers should state in each ad how they prefer to be contacted regarding the sale.
      2. Sellers are encouraged to request Private Messages over email as their preferred method of contact. Sellers are advised not to post their email address directly into the forum because it attracts scammers. Scammers may not even be QRZ members, which makes Private Messages (PM's) even more useful.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If The Moderator sees it he will blank it out with asterisks or remove it.

3. N5SM

N5SM Ham Member QRZ Page

I also received an email from this dude for a three 1000 Z tube I was looking for. I never could get a price out of him. I sure am glad I typed his name in on Google that's how I found all of these mentioned about him. (I have for sale reply if interested) Bad

4. VE6MB

VE6MB Ham Member QRZ Page

As the starter of this particular thread.....I wanted to mention that I did not have my email in my WTB request. I simply asked for replies to be sent to my email on QRZ. Therefore, this is why I suspect that the profile for W0NU is fake. Obviously, they created the profile and have the ability to log into QRZ and view people's email addresses.

5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

KA8GEF who commented in this thread did.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This dude is a long known scam

DO NOT REPLY to any emails from him.

I get have received 2 or 3 this month all worded identically claiming to have what I was searching for.

If you should seem him actually post here, let us know....

Dave
    W7UUU

WQ2H likes this.
  7. N6TDG

N6TDG Ham Member QRZ Page

But the real Ryan is a college kid out in the midwest. His picture from the college as well as the one on ARRL match up. Looks like a fine young man.

8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I'm sure Ryan is a fine young man but the scammer who appropriated his identity is probably another fine young man just trying to earn some money to support his family, go to college, and turn his life around. @WR2E has identified a group of such fine young men in the photo attached to his post #2 above. See if you can pick out the Ryan wannabe.

KA2FIR and WR2E like this.
  9. TB2FCN

TB2FCN Ham Member QRZ Page

i was going to buy a yaesu ftm10 . he sent me an email that he has one. and wanted $200 for the radio.
    this is the adress and name that he wanted money order for the radio.

Name : Erika Moreno

Address [posting home addresses, regardless of reason, is not allowed]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2019
  10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page