Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KC8QVO

KC8QVO Ham Member QRZ Page

I just read through this entire thread (15 pages). I am amazed there is this much support for one of our fellow Hams!! I will join the ranks of sending him a card and some $$ as well.

The counter is still inactive [​IMG]

73's
    Steve, KC8QVO

2. N4WQH

N4WQH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am concerned that some person(s) will use this tragedy to their unlawful and immoral gain (not HAMS, of course). In my most humble opinion, cash is a bad idea. Too easily intercepted and stolen. Checks and money orders that are trackable would seem a better, more secure idea. I will be sending my QSL and a donation this week.

What a great community we have here!!

73 All,

Mike,
    N4WQH

3. G3UD

G3UD Ham Member QRZ Page

KC8VKZ just a short message to wish this young fellow a speedy recovery. I was an electrician down the mines some years ago so I know a little of his situation. Hope to hear him on the bands oneday. Best wishes es 73s de Graham G3UD [​IMG]

4. KC2EGL

KC2EGL Ham Member QRZ Page

I deliver mail here in Brookville Pa. The local hospital accepts mail for a patient, and will forward all first class mail to a patient after they are discharged. I am sure the facility he is in will do the same.

5. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

At this point, after such a tragedy, if the money just gets into the village and into circulation it would be a positive event.

6. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have just printed this thread to send to the family.  It took over 20 pages!  Will send Tuesday when mail resumes.
    Dale K9TTT

7. OK1RP

OK1RP Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL cards (even few USD if possible) ...nice idea! I am sure that it will be excellent HAMSPIRIT presentation and can help to recover after wakeup. Where I can find an address to the hospital nor to familly or does exist some co-ordinator for it please? Petr, OK1RP

8. VO1KH

VO1KH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have already sent my card ,My prayers are with Randall and his family.
    VO1KH John
    e-mail flat2001foot@yahoo.ca

9. WA6NDW

WA6NDW Ham Member QRZ Page

I found this thru an article in my local newspaper, The Daily Courier in Grants Pass OR. I am so glad to see how many people are sending $$, Mine will be in the mail tomorrow! God Bless his family! I can only imagine how all the cards and money must make the family feel, and when he wakes up..... he will know HAM's stick together.

Dale K9TTT- Great idea to send these threads to the family.... I am sure they will be treasured.

WA6NDW DeNise

10. KB7WDR

KB7WDR QRZ Member

I have sent my QSL card, $$, and a letter. What a great time to be an amateur radio operator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.